Journalists interested in digital media can apply for a fellowship.
The Kiplinger Program in Public Affairs Journalism at Ohio State University offers short-term fellowships to help make better use of new online tools and channels. The 2020 fellowship will take place April 19 to 24 in Columbus, Ohio.
Fellows receive a full week of immersive training on digital tools and tactics from leading industry experts. Topics include cybersecurity for journalists, mobile videography, data journalism and media ethics.
Print, broadcast and online journalists with at least five years experience are eligible to apply, including freelancers.
The fellowship covers accommodations, hotel and most meals. Limited scholarships are available to reduce travel costs for fellows selected from outside the United States.
All applications for the upcoming fellowship must be made using this page and the link provided below.
- You must have at least five (5) years of professional experience in journalism. People currently employed in public relations, advertising, academics and college students are not eligible. Freelancers with five (5) or more years of work are eligible.
- Before beginning your application, please have your required material ready. This includes your links to sample work, reference contact information, your essay about why you want to be a KIplinger Fellow and your biography.
- If you do not have these items you will be required to end your application and you will have to start over the application process. This program won’t save your work for later.
- Your three work samples must be in English, or you must provide a transcript clearly marked with your name and sent to firstname.lastname@example.org
- If you do not provide work samples, a biography, an essay and references, you will automatically be disqualified.
- Our application process is sophisticated. You do not need to call or write to confirm your application. You will receive a prompt that your survey/application is complete.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.