About Illuminate: The Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowship Scheme
Queen's wants to recruit, develop and nurture outstanding researchers who will deliver world-leading research and become our research leaders of the future.
The key components of the Fellowship Scheme is as follows:
- The Fellows will be in the early-stages of their career with research interests that align to current research strengths at Queen’s.
- This is a 5-year scheme with a pathway to a Senior Lecturer/Reader post at the end of the Fellowship, and Fellows can expect to be made permanent by the end of year 3, subject to meeting relevant criteria.
- All Fellows will become members of the ‘Fellowship Academy’, a comprehensive and bespoke development service that will include access to a Fellows Network, Mentorship Programme and a range of professional training and development options delivered via workshop sessions, online learning and peer coaching groups.
- Teaching and administrative duties will be reduced to allow the Fellows to focus on their research.
- This open and inclusive opportunity invites applications from candidates with diverse career paths and backgrounds, including those returning from a career break, family leave or working outside a research environment.
Successful Fellows will have access to:
- A generous ‘Fellowship Enhancement Award’ from £20,000-£50,000 and funding to recruit a full-time PhD student within the first two years of appointment.
- A career pathway to a permanent Senior Lecturer/Reader post at the end of the Fellowship.
- Membership of the ‘Fellowship Academy’, a comprehensive and bespoke development scheme that will include access to a Fellows Network, Mentorship Programme and a range of professional training and development opportunities delivered via workshop sessions, online learning and peer coaching groups. Fellows will have access to development support in skills such as: enhancing research applications, writing for publication and research leadership. Support will be provided for Fellows to review and plan their personal and career development activities.
- Reduced teaching and administrative duties to enable you to dedicate your time to research.
- A vibrant campus in the heart of Belfast City with award winning libraries and cutting edge facilities. Explore our campus.
- Excellent relocation expenses in line with Queen's Relocation Policy.
- Many other great benefits offered to all Queen’s staff.
- A completed PhD in a relevant subject
- 2 - 8 years’ post-PhD experience
- A high quality publication record
- A research profile and plan which is aligned to an existing research strength at Queen’s
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: