About Illuminate: The Vice-Chancellor’s Fellowship Scheme
Queen's wants to recruit, develop and nurture outstanding researchers who will deliver world-leading research and become our research leaders of the future.
The key components of the Fellowship Scheme is as follows:
- The Fellows will be in the early-stages of their career with research interests that align to current research strengths at Queen’s.
- This is a 5-year scheme with a pathway to a Senior Lecturer/Reader post at the end of the Fellowship, and Fellows can expect to be made permanent by the end of year 3, subject to meeting relevant criteria.
- All Fellows will become members of the ‘Fellowship Academy’, a comprehensive and bespoke development service that will include access to a Fellows Network, Mentorship Programme and a range of professional training and development options delivered via workshop sessions, online learning and peer coaching groups.
- Teaching and administrative duties will be reduced to allow the Fellows to focus on their research.
- This open and inclusive opportunity invites applications from candidates with diverse career paths and backgrounds, including those returning from a career break, family leave or working outside a research environment.
Successful Fellows will have access to:
- A generous ‘Fellowship Enhancement Award’ from £20,000-£50,000 and funding to recruit a full-time PhD student within the first two years of appointment.
- A career pathway to a permanent Senior Lecturer/Reader post at the end of the Fellowship.
- Membership of the ‘Fellowship Academy’, a comprehensive and bespoke development scheme that will include access to a Fellows Network, Mentorship Programme and a range of professional training and development opportunities delivered via workshop sessions, online learning and peer coaching groups. Fellows will have access to development support in skills such as: enhancing research applications, writing for publication and research leadership. Support will be provided for Fellows to review and plan their personal and career development activities.
- Reduced teaching and administrative duties to enable you to dedicate your time to research.
- A vibrant campus in the heart of Belfast City with award winning libraries and cutting edge facilities. Explore our campus.
- Excellent relocation expenses in line with Queen's Relocation Policy.
- Many other great benefits offered to all Queen’s staff.
- A completed PhD in a relevant subject
- 2 - 8 years’ post-PhD experience
- A high quality publication record
- A research profile and plan which is aligned to an existing research strength at Queen’s
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.