The 2nd International Conference on 'Society and Culture in the Muslim World'
Tehran, Iran, 30-31 May 2020
It is our pleasure to inform you that Allameh Tabataba'i University (the largest public university specialized in humanities and social sciences in Iran) will hold the second international conference on “Society and Culture in the Muslim World” on 30-31 May 2020 in Tehran. Enjoying the active partnership of a wide variety of national and international academic entities, the conference aims to provide a suitable platform for researchers from across the world interested in issues concerning Muslim societies and communities. Therefore, the conference themes (see below) address a broad range of issues pertaining to society and culture from a multidisciplinary perspective and welcomes contributions from any academic discipline in arts, humanities and social sciences.
Main themes of the conference are listed below. Researchers from any discipline within the broad fields of arts, humanities and social sciences can address the following themes as well as other themes not covered in the list but related to the overarching theme of 'society and culture in the Muslim world'. Papers written from an interdisciplinary perspective are especially welcome.
- Social Thought, Muslim Social Thinkers and Indigenous Social Sciences
- Identities, Values, Social Changes and Religious Developments
- Globalization, Modernity and Muslim Societies
- Sects, Denominations, Ethnicities and intercultural Relations
- Diaspora (Muslims in Non-Muslim Societies and Non-Muslims in Muslim Societies), Migration and Refugees
- Children, Youth and Generational Issues
- Media, Communications and representations
- Family, Women and Gender
- Social Problems and social work
- Islamophobia and Interfaith Understanding
- Democracy, Social Movements and Civil Societies
- Social Development, Social policy and Welfare
- Socio-environmental Issues
- Leisure, Sports and Tourism
- Cooperation, Social Innovation, labor and production
- Cities, Rural Areas and Regional Development
- Population Dynamisms and Policies
- Science, Education and Technology
- Conflicts, Resistance, Peace and Proximity (Taghrib)
- Cultural Heritage, Arts, Popular Culture and Cultural Policy
- Prof. Sari Hanafi, President of the International Sociological Association
- Prof. Syed Farid Alatas, Professor of Sociology at the National University of Singapore
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: