The Data Scientist/Research Associate will work in a team of data scientists/AI/ML specialists on exploring novel breakthrough Venture Hypotheses that will be further developed during ProtoCo and NewCo phases to lay in the basis of a new company. The position requires broad technical skills in machine learning, AI, databases and big data analysis. This individual will contribute scientific, and technical expertise to a multidisciplinary team, emphasizing conceptualization, ideation, data analysis, presentation, and strategic planning.
- Build and maintain scientific code base
- Work on the exploration of novel ideas and generation of venture hypothesis in data science/AI/ML
- Write and present results to the team
- Process, analyze, interpret, and visualize high volumes of data
- Implement, design and invent new approaches and algorithms that will fundamentally change the way we extract knowledge and insight
- Participate in data science syllabus creation, and conduct trainings.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics or an adjacent field is required
- A strong self-starter and independent thinker
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale and high throughput data processing and analysis, network analysis, and meta analyses
- Skilled in programming and scripting languages (Python, R)
- Scientifically creative thinker with a visionary, optimistic outlook
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, with indication of research interests.
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country’s strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
September 27, 2019
Note: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.