The Data Scientist/Research Associate will work in a team of data scientists/AI/ML specialists on exploring novel breakthrough Venture Hypotheses that will be further developed during ProtoCo and NewCo phases to lay in the basis of a new company. The position requires broad technical skills in machine learning, AI, databases and big data analysis. This individual will contribute scientific, and technical expertise to a multidisciplinary team, emphasizing conceptualization, ideation, data analysis, presentation, and strategic planning.
- Build and maintain scientific code base
- Work on the exploration of novel ideas and generation of venture hypothesis in data science/AI/ML
- Write and present results to the team
- Process, analyze, interpret, and visualize high volumes of data
- Implement, design and invent new approaches and algorithms that will fundamentally change the way we extract knowledge and insight
- Participate in data science syllabus creation, and conduct trainings.
- Bachelors or Masters degree in data science, computer science, statistics, mathematics, physics or an adjacent field is required
- A strong self-starter and independent thinker
- Outstanding teamwork, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrated experience with large-scale and high throughput data processing and analysis, network analysis, and meta analyses
- Skilled in programming and scripting languages (Python, R)
- Scientifically creative thinker with a visionary, optimistic outlook
All interested candidates are kindly requested to submit their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, with indication of research interests.
Foundation for Armenian Science and Technology (FAST) is conceived as a comprehensive platform to foster technological and scientific breakthroughs in Armenia. FAST aims to revive the country’s strong Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics (STEM) traditions, establishing a favorable regime for the innovative environment, fostering science and technology education, and actively developing a venture capital ecosystem. One of the most pivotal tasks of FAST is to engage tech and scientific communities in raising the profile of Armenia as a hub for technological and scientific discoveries and developments.
September 27, 2019
Note: Employment decisions are made without regard to race, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability or other characteristics protected by law.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: