Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology - BIPS, Bremen
The Department of Epidemiological Methods and Etiological Research (Chair: Prof. Dr. Wolfgang Ahrens) at the Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS GmbH offers the position of an
Salary scale 13 or 14 (depending on the qualification of the applicant) of the German public sector salary system (TV-L), 39.20 hours/week.
This position may also be filled part-time.
The position starts as early as possible provided it receives administrative clearance. The contract is initially limited to a maximum of 3 years with the option of an extension.
As an epidemiological research institute, the Leibniz Institute for Prevention Research and Epidemiology – BIPS aims to identify causes of health problems and to develop new concepts for disease prevention. It is one of the most renowned epidemiological research institutes in Germany. It closely cooperates with various partners in Germany and abroad.
The job holder will primarily work on the research project German National Cohort (GNC, NAKO Gesundheitsstudie) and especially on the linkage of primary and secondary data collected within the GNC. This study addresses the causes of major chronic diseases in order to improve their prevention, early diagnoses and treatment. BIPS is actively involved in the GNC Competence Network for Secondary and Registry Data. Based on the linkage of claims data obtained from statutory health insurance providers and primary data of the GNC the main focus of work will be the development and investigation of innovative research questions. Therefore, in close collaboration with the Department of Biometry and Data Management led by Prof. Iris Pigeot and the NAKO working group at BIPS, the job holder will also be responsible for reporting and management tasks.
- Master’s degree in epidemiology, public health, biology, medicine, pharmacy or equivalent qualification
- PhD in a relevant subject
- Publication record in peer-reviewed journals
- Experience in design, implementation, analysis and interpretation of epidemiological studies
- Experience in project management
- Experience in the acquisition of third-party funding
- Scientific curiosity and passion
- Initiative and commitment to work in interdisciplinary teams
- Good command of English, both orally and in writing
The following characteristics/ achievements would be beneficial:
- Good command of German
- Experience in working with secondary data (especially health insurance data)
- Experience in methodological research
- Solid statistical programming skills, preferably in SAS and R
- Interest in attaining an advanced qualification (habilitation)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: