The BSRT offers an international doctoral program with outstanding training and research opportunities related to the immune, musculoskeletal, cardiovascular and nervous systems. It is of particular interest to those wishing to look beyond pure research and aim at translating their scientific discoveries into clinical applications.
Requirements for the admission to the PhD program
Applicants must hold a Master’s, a German Diploma or an equivalent degree in biology, biochemistry, bioinformatics, bioengineering or veterinary medicine. It is not necessary to hold the degree at the time of application. However, you must have been obtained your degree before enrolment into the program.
Please use only the online application form
- Please use only the online application form provided on this website. The online application form must be completed in English only. To access the application form you have to register first and select "Applicant to the BSRT" in the drowdown "Your Role". Your account will be made active only during the application period. Please do not send any other type of application by post or e-mail as they will be automatically rejected.
- Please do not upload your CV. The online application form provides us with all necessary information. In the application form you will find a field “Motivation” where you should give a personal statement about your academic background, research experience and career goals. This field is very important for your application and you should take time to explain your research interests in your own words and demonstrate how you would fit into the doctoral program. This field replaces your letter of application or personal statement, so please do not upload a separate document with your personal statement.
- You must click on the button “Save and Submit” to finally submit your application. If you fail to do so your application form will be regarded as not submitted. Submission need to be done until the application deadline. Please give yourself enough time and do not wait until the last moment to submit your application otherwise you will have no time to overcome any technical difficulties or any other problems. We receive a large amount of enquires during the last week of the application period and we will not be able to answer any questions regarding your application.
Transcripts and certificates
- We need your academic transcripts and certificates and you must upload PDF or JPG files of these documents in the appropriate fields. All documents and certificates must be either in English or in German. If your documents are in any other language, please submit certified translations only and not the documents in the original language.
- Candidates who are accepted to the program will have to provide all their original documents when they enroll on the program.
- We do not require an extract from your BSc, Master or Diploma Thesis. You should only provide documents which will support your application so please do not overload it with certificates for minor courses.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.