Recruitment Information for AY2019 Researchers
Waseda Institute for Advanced Study (WIAS) was established in September 2006 to enable promising and talented researchers to focus on their research activities under fixed-term contracts in a rich research environment. Around 40 researchers have been working on advanced research in a wide range of themes and with no limitation as to field of study. The Institute is currently recruiting researchers for AY2019 as detailed below.
1. Recruitment Fields
Fields corresponding to the Humanities, Social Sciences, Natural Sciences
2. Number of Positions
3. Appointment Position
In principle, Assistant Professor (without tenure) or Associate Professor (without tenure)
* The appointment position will be determined based on the screening and interview results.
4. Application Qualifications
Researchers who meet any of the following qualifications (a. – c.)
- a. Persons with a doctorate. It is desirable for the doctorate to have been obtained within 10 years of April 1, 2019.
- b. Persons who expect to obtain a doctorate by April 1, 2019.
- c. Persons with scholarly attainment equivalent to persons who have obtained a doctorate (persons who have completed the full term of a doctoral course etc.) as of April 1, 2019, and who have research experience at a research institution.
* Applicants are expected to be enthusiastic about conducting their research, which will contribute to facilitating research at Waseda University, as well as to establishing and strengthening collaborative network between the researchers of outside/overseas research institutions and universities and those of Waseda University.
* Waseda University is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty in order to promote globalization and gender equality on campus. In all matters related to faculty recruitment and promotion, the University prohibits any form of discrimination on the basis of national origin, gender, religion, creed, political affiliation, or disability.
5. Research Theme
The Institute seeks to recruit researchers who will undertake highly creative research projects that have the potential to identify issues for the future, and carve out new fields of study in the areas of the Humanities, Social Sciences, and Natural Sciences.
* Waseda University has been selected for the “Top Global University Project (TGU)” led by MEXT*, and is working on the project titled “Waseda Goes Global – A Plan to Build a Worldwide Academic Network that is Open, Dynamic and Diverse,” with the aim of accelerating efforts to realize the goals set forth in its mid- to long-term strategic plan, Waseda Vision 150. Efforts are being injected into strengthening the areas of model units, life science and data science at Waseda University, which are highly regarded internationally and form the core of this project. If your research theme covers aspects that are relevant to these areas, please select the respective model unit or discipline on the application form. The nine model units and fields of science are listed below. (Even if your research theme is not related to any of the model units or to the fields of science, you will not be disadvantaged in any way during the selection process.)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.