ARTHUR M. SCHLESINGER, JR. RESEARCH FELLOWSHIP
The Arthur Schlesinger, Jr. Fellowship is administered by the John F. Kennedy Library Foundation from income provided by the Schlesinger Fund.
Stipend Amount: up to $5,000 that can be split among recipients.
Research Focus: Foreign policy of the Kennedy administration (especially in the Western Hemisphere); domestic policy of the Kennedy administration (especially with regard to racial justice or natural resources conservation). At least a portion of the project should utilize materials from the JFK Library archives.
Application Deadline: September 30
Award Announcement: December 1
Applicants are strongly encouraged to contact an archivist at the JFK Library (Kennedy.Library@nara.gov) for information about relevant archival holdings before applying.
To apply, please submit only the following documentation:
- A complete application form.
- A brief proposal (no more than four pages) including the following information: the planned project and its significance; collections you will consult at the JFK Library and other institutions; the intended audience and expected outcome of your work.
- Two letters of recommendation from academic or other appropriate references.
- A sample of your writing (no more than ten pages);
- A project budget, including the following information: a description of how the awarded funds would be applied (the estimated per diem cost of accommodations and meals for Boston, MA is $250); a list of other fellowships or grants that will support the project, and a statement on whether matching funds are available to you through your home institution or elsewhere.A CV or resume.
Additional documentation will not be considered as part of your application.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: