The aim of the Hector Fellow Academy is to promote young researchers in the Hector Fellows' environment. The HFA PhD students are given the opportunity to benefit from the wealth of experience and outstanding expertise of their supervisor while building up a research network.
Every year, several PhD positions are funded by the HFA. Master graduates from all over the world can apply with a very good degree. Ambitious young scientists have the opportunity to do their PhD with a self-developed research project in the working group of a Hector Fellow.
For this, an innovative, self-developed research topic has to be submitted, which the young scientist works on within the framework of the three-year doctoral phase at the institute of the supervising Hector Fellow. It must be included in the application which Hector Fellow qualifies as a supervisor for your research idea.
Moreover, outstanding Master's graduates can also apply for advertised PhD positions of a Hector Fellow. By becoming a member of the Hector Fellow Academy, the young scientists become part of an interdisciplinary network of top researchers.
PhD students of the Hector Fellow Academy are employed as research assistants for a period of three years. The salary corresponds to the internal regulations at the university of the respective Hector Fellow (according to TV-L 13, up to 100%, based on the funding rates of the DFG for PhD students).
As a PhD student you also have 9,500€ as research funding every year at your disposal. Furthermore, you get the opportunity to take part in a variety of training sessions and networking events in order to obtain and support interdisciplinary competences and soft skills.
At a glance
- Opportunity to obtain the PhD with an own research idea or
- Application for a position advertised by the Hector Fellow
- A funded position, not a scholarship
- Extensive research funding
- Membership in our research network
- Collaboration with Hector Science Award winners (prize for outstanding research achievement and special commitment in teaching and the promotion of young scientists)
- Training in management topics
- Variety of training activities & networking events
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: