4th International Conference on Kurdish Linguistics
University of Rouen Normandie, France
September 2-3, 2019
After three conferences in Bamberg (2013), Mardin (2014) and Amsterdam (2016), we are happy to announce that the 4th International Conference on Kurdish Linguistics (ICKL-4) will take place at the University of Rouen (Université de Rouen) on September 2-3, 2019. The event is organized by the Research Laboratory 7474 DYLIS (Dynamique du Langage in Situ) at the University of Rouen.
The ICKL conferences serve as a forum of scientific exchange for linguists of different theoretical backgrounds working on any aspect of Kurdish, including the interactions with its neighboring languages. Accordingly, we welcome contributions which address these issues from the perspectives of various subdomains of linguistics, such as sociolinguistics, descriptive and typologically-oriented analyses of phonology, morphology and syntax, grammaticalization and historical development, formal approaches to the grammar, pragmatics, language acquisition, language contact, corpus linguistics, and applied linguistics. The conference will be conducted in English and in French.
Authors are invited to submit anonymized abstracts, limited to one single and one co-authored presentation per person, and/or posters. Details of poster presentations will be provided by the organizers later. All abstracts will be peer-reviewed anonymously.
In order to be eligible for consideration, abstracts should conform to the following requirements:
- Submissions are limited to two per author, with at most one paper being single-authored.
- Abstracts, including data and references, should not exceed 2 pages in length, have 2.5 cm (1 inch) margins on all sides, and be set in Times New Roman with a 12 point font size and 1.5 line spacing.
- Examples, tables, graphs, etc. must be interspersed into the text of the abstract, rather than collected at the end.
- Abstracts should be written in English and in French.
- Abstracts should be sent by March 15, 2019, as an attachment in pdf and docx formats to: email@example.com
Please include the following information in the body of your email: Title of paper, Your name, Affiliation and address, E-mail address.
- Deadline for abstract submission: March 15, 2019
- Notification to authors: April 30, 2019
- Conference date: September 2-3, 2019
Registration: There is no registration fee for the conference. The conference is open for anyone to attend.
Conference Venue: The conference will take place at the University of Rouen, in Normandie region of northern France. Information on the exact venue will be provided later.
Programme: The conference program will be posted on July 15, 2019.
Practicals: Information will be provided later.
Accommodation: The conference will not cover travel and accommodation expenses. More information will be made available closer to the conference dates.
Meals and conference dinner: Lunches during conference days as well as the conference dinner on September 2, 2019 will be offered by the conference organization.
- Conference e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Salih Akın (local organizer): email@example.com