Magic Oxygen Literary Prize Rules
- Short Stories, up to 4,000 words (not including the title)
- Poetry up to 50 lines (not including title or lines between stanzas)
- The theme is open
- Electronic uploads are preferred but written entries are also accepted
- The competition is open to writers all over the world
- Entrants must be 15 or over at the time of submission
- Entries must be written in English and must be your own previously unpublished work
- You can enter as many pieces of writing as you wish
- £5 per entry
- Closing date midnight 31st December 2018.
- Entrants may withdraw entries from the competition via email, the Magic Oxygen contact form or in writing; the entry fees will not be refunded
Electronic uploads are preferred with credit card payments of £5 per entry. If you send your entry by post, cheques for £5 per entry made payable to ‘Magic Oxygen’ are acceptable from UK residents. Overseas postal entries must be accompanied by credit card payments for £5 with clear reference to your name and postal address. Contact us for further details.
The Magic Oxygen Literary Prize invites entries from writers aged 15 or over (at the time of submission) of any nationality, living anywhere in the world. Entries must be written in English but can contain a few words from other languages if the story or poem requires it.
Entries must be entirely the work of the entrant and in the act of making your submission, you are confirming the work is your own and that you have read the rules and comply by them. Any evidence to the contrary will result in immediate disqualification.
Entries must never have been published or broadcast in any way.
Simultaneous submissions are not allowed, ie, entries cannot be contenders in other competitions at the same time. However, previously rejected entries from other competitions are allowed.
Online entries must be completed at our Magic Oxygen Online Entry System. You can type your entry into the system or cut and paste from and existing document.
Please keep formatting as simple as possible, use Times or Times New Roman 12 point font only, in normal, bold or italics. If you don’t need bold or italics for emphasis, consider using Notepad (Windows), TextEdit (Mac) or another simple text editor. In your story or poem it is the words that matter, complex formatting is a distraction.
Postal entries must show no name, address or identifying marks other than the title. Only covering letters for postal entries should contain the necessary identifying informatio
The names of the shortlisted authors will be announced no later than 14th March 2019. The winners will be announced and the Magic Oxygen Literary Prize Anthology will be available shortly thereafter on a date to be confirmed.
The judging panel will be revealed in due course. The judges’ decisions are final. The judges are unable to comment on individual entries, no individual correspondence will be entered into and no critiques are available.
- Every single entrant to the competition will have a tree planted in the Magic Oxygen Word Forest and the GPS co-ordinates for their tree/s will be sent to them via email after the competition has closed.
- Short story: 1st prize £1,000, 2nd prize £300, 3rd prize £100, Highly Commended 2 x £50
- Poetry: 1st prize £1,000, 2nd prize £300, 3rd prize £100, Highly Commended 2 x £50
- Payments will be made by electronic bank transfer.
- The shortlist will comprise 10 entries in each category, which will include the top 5 ultimate winners. Their entries will be included in full in the Magic Oxygen Literary Prize Anthology.
- The first prize winners in both categories will have an additional showcase page for their photograph, biography, comments and links to their work.
For more information click ''LINK TO ORIGINAL'' below.