Summer School on Crime, Law and Psychology
SCHOLA EMPIRICA has teamed up with international faculty to launch a one-week summer course, designed for students and recent graduates interested in the application of psychological approaches and research methods to criminal justice.
The program aims to invite students of different backgrounds (psychology, legal studies, criminology and sociology), who are eager to discover the interrelatedness of crime, law and psychology and willing to combine a challenging academic environment with the holiday excitement.
Become a part of the Summer School and you will:
- Learn more about the application of psychological knowledge to criminal law
- Get involved into discussions with academics from the UK and US Universities, practitioners and fellow students
- Gain your own perspective on the role of psychology in criminal justice systems
- Enjoy having fun with new friends from different parts of the world
Experience Prague – one of the most beautiful cultural and historical capitals in Central Europe.
Although there are application deadlines, students are accepted on rolling basis. In order to allow time to carefully review all student application materials, an e-mail notifying the application status to Prague Summer Schools will be sent to applicants approximately 14 days after the application is received. Applications received by the early bird application deadline of January 31st will receive preference in admission decisions. Late applications may be considered. However, late applicants run the risk of finding the program full. All students will be informed about admissions decisions by April 1. Participants will be selected according to the following three criteria:
- Educational Background (Year, Grade Point Average and Area of Study)
- Statement of Purpose
- Level of English (if applicable)
The program fee for early-bird applications: 740 EUR
The program fee for students who submit their applications after January 31st: 790 EUR
The program fee covers:
- Tuition and reading materials
- Accommodation in double rooms for one week
- Half board which includes breakfasts, dinners and coffee breaks
- Prague public transportation tickets and maps
- Site visits, social program, and cultural and special events (e.g. boat tour on the Moldau River, tours of Prague by a local homeless and farewell dinner).
Students are responsible for their travel to Prague, lunches and personal expenses.
For more information click ''LINK TO ORIGINAL'' below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: