Summer School on Behavioral Economics and Psychology
The Summer School on Behavioral Economics and Psychology brings to students of various backgrounds the state-of-the-art research on behavioral aspects of decision-making and experimental psychology. The program provides students with a unique opportunity to better understand the role of emotions in our “rational” decision-making and to learn about the implications of behavioral research for policy making, its practical applications in the realm of organizational management and how we can use the behavior insights at the individual level, e.g. helping us to cope with the flood of information in the current world.
The professors together with the students will address the following questions:
- How emotions impact “rational” decision-making
- How to stay honest under any circumstances
- Why do people consider certain behavior fair today and why almost identical one will cause a lynch tomorrow
- How to make your employer love you from the day one
- Why should you read newspapers you don’t like
- Why your Google account makes you dumber
Come to Prague and take part in experiments which we will design together.
Although there are application deadlines, students are accepted on rolling basis. In order to allow time to carefully review all student application materials, an e-mail notifying the application status to Prague Summer Schools will be sent to applicants approximately 14 days after the application is received. Applications received by the early bird application deadline of January 31st will receive preference in admission decisions. Late applications may be considered. However, late applicants run the risk of finding the program full. All students will be informed about admissions decisions by April 1. Participants will be selected according to the following three criteria:
- Educational Background (Year, Grade Point Average and Area of Study)
- Statement of Purpose
- Level of English (if applicable)
The program fee for early-bird applications: 740 EUR
The program fee for students who submit their applications after January 31st: 790 EUR
The program fee covers:
- Tuition and reading materials
- Accommodation in double rooms for one week
- Half board which includes breakfasts, dinners and coffee breaks
- Prague public transportation tickets and maps
- Site visits, social program, and cultural and special events (e.g. boat tour on the Moldau River, tours of Prague by a local homeless and farewell dinner).
Students are responsible for their travel to Prague, lunches and personal expenses.
For more information click ''LINK TO ORIGINAL'' below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: