Victoria International Excellence Scholarships
$20,000 over three years
TENURE OF AWARD:
CLOSING DATES FOR APPLICATIONS:
10 November 2018
10 November 2019
NUMBER OF AWARDS OFFERED:
Scholarships will be competitive on the basis of academic merit.
History or background of award
The purpose of the Victoria International Excellence Scholarship (“the Scholarship”) is to recruit high-achieving undergraduate international students currently studying in New Zealand to Victoria University of Wellington and to support them in their studies.
Purpose of award
Scholarships will be competitive on the basis of academic merit. The majority of these scholarships will be awarded at $20,000 over three years of study (see below for details).
Applicants must be:
• international students who have completed at least one full year (ie. their Year 12 year) at a New Zealand secondary school
• Enrol full time in the applicant's first year of their first undergraduate degree
• Complete NCEA Level 2 or 3 with Excellence or equivalent
How do students apply?
• Complete the online application available from the link below.
• Provide a reference from your School Principal or nominee.
• Attach a one-page personal statement, explaining your reason for wishing to attend Victoria University of Wellington, the academic goals you hope to achieve and why you believe you merit the scholarship. You should also include any leadership positions and details of your involvement in your school or community. Please provide an outline of your personal circumstances, including details of financial difficulties. More infomation may be requested if necessary.
All recipients of the Victoria International Excellence Scholarships are guaranteed an offer of a place in one of our Halls of Residence, provided an accommodation application is received by the Accommodation Service by 1 October.
Successful candidates will be chosen by a selection panel made up of appropriate Victoria International staff.
How and when do students learn of the decision?
Applicants will be notified after the application deadline (10 November) whether they have been awarded the scholarship.
What conditions are attached to the acceptance of this award?
All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon a recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme of at least 120 points by the start of Trimester 1 the year following application. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition has been met.
For guidelines, application forms and more information about this award contact:
Position: The Scholarships Office
Organisation: Victoria University of Wellington
Address: PO Box 600 Wellington 6140 New Zealand
Phone: +64 4 463 5557