Research Stays for University Academics and Scientists DAAD
The aim of this particular programme is to support short-term research stays and thus promote the exchange of experience and networking amongst colleagues.
Who can apply?
Former holders of fellowships from the Alexander von Humboldt Foundation are requested to contact first the Humboldt Foundation.
What can be funded?
- Research stays at state or state-recognised institutions of higher education or non-university research institutes in Germany. A research stay can also take place at several host institutions.
- Funding may only be claimed once within three years.
- Lecture tours or visits to congresses are not funded.
Duration of the funding
- One to three months; the length of the grant is decided by a selection committee and depends on the project in question and the applicant's work schedule.
- The grant is non-renewable.
- Monthly payments of
2,000 euros for assistant teachers, assistant professors and lecturers,
2,150 euros for professors
- Travel allowance, unless these expenses are covered by the home country or another source of funding
- Other payments cannot be made.
The most important selection criteria are:
- academic achievements and recent publications which must be documented in the curriculum vitae and a list of publications
- a convincing and well-planned research project
Documents to be uploaded to the DAAD portal:
- Online application form
- Full curriculum vitae in tabular form (max. 3 pages)
- List of academic publications (max. 3 pages)
- Comprehensive statement about research project (max. 10 pages)
- Time schedule and itinerary (host institutes / academic hosts) of the planned research stay
- Letter from host confirming academic cooperation, which refers to the applicant's proposal and guarantees that a workplace will be provided
- Your application is only valid if you submit all the required documents to the DAAD portal on time.
- (If documents are to be submitted by post, please send them as soon as possible.)
- The DAAD portal closes at 24.00 hrs. Central European Time (CET) on the last application day.
- Late or incomplete applications cannot be considered. Applicants are responsible for ensuring that their applications are complete.
- The application documents remain with the DAAD. Data relating to applicants is saved by the DAAD in accordance with the Federal Data Protection Act and with the EU Data Protection Regulation insofar as this data is needed to process the application.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: