This programme is aimed at students from non-European universities who wish to spend a semester or two at an Austrian University of Applied Sciences (‘Fachhochschule’).
Target group: undergraduates and graduates from non-European universities
Target institution: all Austrian Universities of Applied Sciences
Duration: 4 to 10 months
Age limit: 35 years
Closing date for applications: online application is available from October to March 1st of the following year
Supplementary grant, own funds are required
1) Monthly grant rate EUR 1,050
2) Accommodation, insurance
a) It is possible for OeAD scholarship holders to book accommodation (dormitory or apartment) with the OeAD Housing office. The monthly costs are:
- monthly rent: roughly EUR 250 to 600 (depending on the amenities)
- monthly administrative fee: EUR 18
b) OeAD scholarship holders need to have health insurance that is accepted by the Austrian authorities for the duration of their stay in Austria. The OeAD can help with taking out such insurance. The monthly costs can vary, at the moment you should calculate EUR 55 to 200 (depending on your age, scholarship category and state of health).
Scholarship holders have to pay the costs for accommodation and insurance themselves.
c) Applicants from non-EU/EEA countries who are planning a research stay of more than 6 months: If your monthly costs for accommodation in Austria exceed EUR 300, you may need to provide proof of additional funds to the Austrian residence authority when you apply for your residence permit. This figure may vary depending on your individual costs for health insurance and other liabilities.
3) Grant holders do not have to pay tuition fees in Austria. They might have to hand in a request at the rector’s office of their respective host university and demonstrate that they are studying or doing research in the context of transnational EU, national or university mobility programs.
4) Scholarship holders from non-European developing countries will also receive a travel costs subsidy of max. EUR 1,000.
- To promote research cooperation
- To promote young academics in the early stages of their scientific career
- To establish an effective network of researchers with relations to Austria
Eligible for application are students who
a) are studying a master Programme at a university in one of the above-defined countries of origin or
b) are studying a Bachelor Programme at a university in one of the above-defined countries of origin and have successfully completed at least 4 semesters of studies by the time of taking up the grant.
Maximum age: 35 years (born on or after October 1st, 1983).
Applicants must not have studied/pursued research/pursued academic work in Austria in the last six months before taking up the grant.
A grant can only be consumed once in the frame of this programme.
Language skills: Very good knowledge of English and/or German
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below