Visby Programme scholarships for master’s level studies
Scholarships for full degree master’s programme studies
- Next application period: 4-14 February 2019, for the academic year 2019/2020.
- We will publish a list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2019/2020 here by 1 December 2018. Only the master’s programmes that are in the list are eligible for the Visby Programme.
- About 50 scholarships will be offered.
In order to apply for the Visby Programme scholarship for master’s level studies in Sweden, you must be a citizen of, and currently living in one of the following countries:
You must also be liable to pay tuition fees in Sweden, apply for and be admitted (or conditionally admitted) to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 4 April 2019. Only the master’s programmes that are found in the SI:s list of eligible programmes can be granted a Visby Programme scholarship. We will publish the list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2019/2020 here on 1 December 2018.Application procedure
1. Find an eligible master's programme
Only the master’s programmes that are found in the SI:s list of eligible programmes can be granted a Visby Programme scholarship. We will publish the list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2019/2020 here on 1 December 2018.
2. Apply for the master's programme at University Admissions
- Apply for the master’s programme(s) you want to study at on University Admissions by the deadline of the first admission round for the autumn semester.
- You can apply for up to 4 programmes from the list of eligible programmes above.
- Pay the application fee of SEK 900 to University Admissions before 1 February. This fee is non-refundable.
- Once submitted, you will receive an application number which you will need for your application for the scholarship.
Please note that University Admissions is the national online application service which handles admissions to universities in Sweden. It is an independent agency, not related to the Swedish Institute (SI). The eligibility and application procedure for admission to the university and for SI scholarships are different.
3. Apply for an SI scholarship
A list of required documents and templates for the next call for applications (academic year 2019/2020) will be made available here in the autumn of 2018.
- Apply for an SI scholarship after you have completed your application to a master’s programme(s).
- During the application period 4-14 February 2019 (preliminary), submit the required documents through our online application portal.
- The online application portal is open from 00:00 CET 4 February 2019 to 23:59 CET 14 February 2019 (preliminary).
Due to the high volume of applications, the online application portal may be under heavy pressure at the end of the application period. We strongly urge all applicants not to wait until the last day to apply.
4. Announcement of successful scholarship recipients
- The successful scholarship recipients within the Visby Programme 2019/2020 will be announced on si.se 26 April 2019 (preliminary).
- Each successful scholarship recipient receives an official offer by e-mail, 29 April – 3 May 2019 (preliminary).
- If you receive a scholarship offer, you are required to accept or decline this offer by the indicated deadline. It is your responsibility to make sure that the e-mail address you filled in your application is correct to be able to be notified about the offer.
- Due to the large number of applicants, only those who are offered a scholarship will be notified.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: