Swedish-Turkish Scholarship Programme for master’s studies
Are you from Turkey and have ambition, leadership experience as well as a strong professional background? You could study for a master’s degree in Sweden on a fully-funded Swedish Institute scholarship. Find out if you can apply.
Information about next call will be available by 1 December 2018 for master’s studies starting in the autumn semester 2019. The eligibility criteria as well as the application procedure and key dates may differ from the previous call for applications.
We grant scholarships to a limited number of master’s programmes starting in the autumn semester 2019. We will publish a list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2019/2020 here by 1 December 2018.
- To begin with, apply for up to four master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2018 – 15 January 2019.
- Then apply for an SI scholarship between 4-14 February 2019 (preliminary), follow the instructions below.
An estimated 10-12 scholarships will be available for full-time master’s studies in Sweden starting in the autumn semester 2019.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members.
- Application fee to University Admissions.
1. Apply for a master’s programme at universityadmissions.se
- Only the master’s programmes that are in the list of eligible master’s programmes are eligible for the Swedish-Turkish Scholarship Programme. We will publish a list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2019/2020 here by 1 December 2018.
- To begin with, apply for up to four eligible master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se by 15 January 2019.
- University Admissions is the national online application service which handles admissions to universities in Sweden. It is an independent agency not related to the Swedish Institute (SI). The eligibility and application procedure for SI scholarships and for university admissions are different.
- Once you have submitted your application to the master’s programme(s) at universityadmissions.se, you will get a personal application number consisting of seven or eight digits. Save the number as you will need it when applying to the Swedish-Turkish Scholarship Programme.
- 1 February 2019: deadline for receipt of application fee and supporting documents that are required by University Admissions. The application fee is non-refundable.
- If you missed the deadlines or failed to follow the application procedure at University Admissions, you will not be eligible for SI scholarships.
2. Apply for an SI scholarship
- Apply for an SI scholarship after you have completed your application to master’s programme(s). See more information about required documents and templates below.
- During the application period 4-14 February 2019 (preliminary), submit the required documents digitally through our online application portal.
- The online application portal is open from 00:00 CET 4 February 2019 to 23:59 CET 14 February 2019 (preliminary).
Due to the high volume of applications, the online application portal may be under heavy pressure at the end of the application period. We strongly urge all applicants not to wait until the last day to apply.
3. Notifications from University Admissions
- By 4 April 2019, you will receive your notification of selection results from University Admissions. SI will receive the admission results including your personal information directly from University Admissions, in order to evaluate your eligibility. We deal with all personal information contained in your application to University Admissions in accordance with SI’s Data Protection Policy.
- Only applicants who are admitted, including conditionally admitted, to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 4 April 2019, will be considered for an SI scholarship. We will publish a list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2019/2020 by 1 December 2018.
- If you are only listed as a reserve/placed on waiting list and are not admitted to any of the eligible master’s programmes, you will not be considered for an SI scholarship.
- There are no scholarships available for late admissions.
- You can only be awarded a scholarship for the master’s programme you are admitted to by 4 April 2019. Master’s programme to which you are listed as reserve, will not be considered. If you are admitted to an eligible programme by 4 April, and meanwhile are put on a waiting list for a programme you ranked higher, only the programme you got admitted to by 4 April will be considered by the scholarship selection committee. Therefore it is important that you make sure to decline reserve places in time so that your admission will not be changed.
4. Announcement of 10-12 successful SI scholarship recipients
- 10-12 successful SI scholarship recipients within the Swedish-Turkish Scholarship Programme 2019/2020 are announced at si.se on 26 April 2019 (preliminary).
- Each successful scholarship recipient receives an official scholarship offer by email during 29 April – 3 May 2019 (preliminary).
- If you receive a scholarship offer, you are required to accept or decline this offer by the deadline indicated in the offer. It is your responsibility to make sure that the email address you filled in your application is correct to be able to be notified about the offer.
- Due to the large number of applicants, only those who are offered a scholarship will be notified.
- A number of applicants can be placed on a waiting list for a reserve place. Scholarship offers which are declined by successful candidates may then be offered to applicants on the waiting list. Kindly note that being placed on the waiting list does not guarantee that you will be offered a scholarship.
- SI will publish the waiting list when announcing the successful scholarship recipients. If your name is not on the list you have not been offered a reserve place.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: