Swedish Institute Study Scholarships (SISS) for South Africa
The recipients of the Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for South Africa for master’s studies 2018/2019 have been determined.
We will publish a list of eligible master’s programmes for the academic year 2019/2020 here by 1 December 2018. Only the master’s programmes that are in the list are eligible for SISS for South Africa.
- To begin with, apply for up to four master’s programmes at universityadmissions.se, between 16 October 2017 – 15 January 2018.
- Then apply for an SI scholarship between 2-9 February 2018, follow the instructions below.
Up to 10 scholarships will be awarded to South African citizens attending master’s studies starting in the autumn semester 2018.
How were the recipients chosen?
Scholarships are awarded through a rigorous selection process based on the relevance and quality of each application, in accordance with the aim and purpose of each respective scholarship programme. Academic merits are not taken into consideration.
How many people applied?
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships Category 1: 9,370 applications from 2,749 applicants
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships Category 2: 4,256 applications from 1,387 applicants
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships Category 3: 5,678 applications from 1,928 applicants
- Swedish Institute Study Scholarships for South Africa: 284 applications from 106 applicants
- Swedish-Turkish Scholarship Programme: 680 applications from 253 applicants
- Visby Programme: 2,362 applications from 779 applicants
I’m on the list! What’s next?
If you’re on the list of successful scholarship recipients, you’ll receive an official scholarship offer by e-mail by 27 April. Make sure to accept the scholarship offer by the deadline indicated in your e-mail. The offer is only valid for the master’s programme stated in the offer. Also, please make sure to decline admissions and/or reserve places to other master’s programmes at University Admissions according to the instruction.
If you’re on the reserve list, you will be informed via e-mail by the date indicated in the lists above, if you are offered a scholarship. If you don’t receive an offer by this date, unfortunately you will not receive a scholarship for this academic year. You are welcome to re-apply during the next application period.
I’m not on the list. What’s next?
If you’re not on the list, you have unfortunately not been offered a scholarship, or a reserve place. Applicants who are not offered a scholarship will not be notified individually.
The scholarship does not cover:
- Additional grants for family members.
- Application fee to University Admissions.
Country of citizenship
Only citizens of South Africa are eligible for SISS for South Africa.There are also criteria regarding dual citizenships, previous residence and studies in Sweden, and more.
You must be liable to pay tuition fees to the universities, followed the steps of university admission, and will be admitted to one of the eligible master’s programmes by 6 April 2018.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: