David Baumgardt Memorial Fellowship, 2019
The LBI announces the availability of one fellowship per year for academics affiliated with an accredited institution of higher education. The fellowship provides financial assistance to scholars whose research projects are connected with the writings of Professor David Baumgardt or his scholarly interests, including Ethics, Wissenschaft des Judentums and the Modern Intellectual History of German-speaking Jewry.
The fellowship consists of an award, not exceeding $7,500, to be determined according to the requirements of the project and, in principle, requires extensive use of the facilities of the LBI in New York, particularly the David Baumgardt Collection. The fellowship should be used by the end of the year in which it was granted. Support for travel or family members is not available. The stipend will be paid in monthly installments.Guidelines
- Applications for the fellowship must be submitted in writing not later than November 14. Decisions will be announced in January. No reason for the decision will be given.
- An application consists of:
- Completed Application Form
- Curriculum Vitae
- Full Description of the Research Project
- A Financial Plan
- Evidence of Highest Degree Obtained
- Evidence of Enrollment in a Ph.D. Program
- Doctoral Candidates only:
- Official Transcripts (Graduate and Undergraduate Work)
- Two Letters of Recommendation, one by their doctoral advisor and one by another scholar familiar with their work
- Post-Doctoral Candidates only:
- Two Letters of recommendation from scholars in the field.
- The fellowship holders agree to submit a brief report on their research activities upon the conclusion of their fellowships.
To apply please download and fill out the application form and email it to Dr. Frank Mecklenburg at the LBI.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.