Academia Sinica (AS), the most eminent national research institution in Taiwan, provides a well-developed research environment for about 600 postdoctoral scholars. Each year, we offer a favourable research opportunity for both domestic and international postdoctoral researchers. Candidates can easily find their fields of interests in versatile areas of mathematics and physical sciences, life sciences, humanities and social sciences at AS.
Postdoctoral Scholar Program at AS consists of Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Scholars and (Regular) postdoctoral Scholars. Both scholarships provide US$ 23,830 to US$ 34,350 as base annual salary (the exact amount is determined by candidate’s qualification).
This is a full-time research position. The initial appointment is on a 2-year term (with an annual contract), renewable based on satisfactory performance review and funding availability.
Qualifications and Subsidies
- Academia Sinica Postdoctoral Scholars:
- PhD degree obtained within last 4 years from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications; evidence of excellence in independent research.
- Distinguished Postdoctoral Scholarship provides air fares and additional US$ 4,500 as research expenditure (for overseas conferences, laboratory equipment etc.).
- (Regular) Postdoctoral Scholars:
- PhD degree obtained within last 6 years from local or foreign universities; outstanding record of publications.
- Regular Postdoctoral Scholar may obtain additional subsidy after negotiation with the sponsoring Principal Investigator.
Materials to be Submitted
Application materials and credentials are submitted online. Applicants will be guided step by step to provide materials such as a letter of agreement from the sponsoring principal investigator, a copy of diploma, a full curriculum vitae, a research plan, reprints of publications, and 3 letters of recommendation.
I. Applicant must first contact our Principal Investigators (PIs) directly.
There are 31 institutes or centers at Academia Sinica. Visit the following websites in your field of interest to identify potential PIs whose research team you would like to join. Write to the prospective PI directly to state your interest and intention of application.
- Division of Mathematics and Physical Sciences
- Division of Life Sciences
- Division of Humanities and Social Sciences
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.