Nominations Invited for 2018 Williams Prize In Louisiana History
The KEMPER AND LEILA WILLIAMS PRIZE, named for the founders of the Historic New Orleans Collection, offers a cash award of $1,500 for outstanding scholarship in Louisiana history published between January 1 and December 31, 2018. The prize continues the former General L. Kemper Williams prizes, offered from 1974 through 1996 by the Historic New Orleans Collection and the Louisiana Historical Association.
Administration and funding for the Kemper and Leila Williams Prize is provided by the Historic New Orleans Collection. The prize jury is appointed by the Louisiana Historical Association with a chairperson from The Historic New Orleans Collection. The Kemper and Leila Williams Prize is announced at the annual meeting of the Louisiana Historical Association each March, and is widely publicized.
The Williams Prize Committee invites nominations of eligible works published between
January 1 and December 31, 2018. Works about all aspects of Louisiana history and culture are eligible, as are works placing Louisiana subjects in regional, national, or international context.
• All submissions must be made IN QUADRUPLICATE: Four (4) copies of the nominated work AND four
(4) copies of the entry form printed on the reverse of this announcement.
• The Williams Prize Committee welcomes nominations at this time and throughout the year.
• Nominations should be addressed to the Chair, Kemper and Leila Williams Prize, Historic New
Orleans Collection, 410 Chartres Street, New Orleans, Louisiana 70130. This information is also
available on the Historic New Orleans Collections web site: www.hnoc.org
• The final deadline for all 2018 Williams Prize submissions is JANUARY 15, 2019. The
Committee encourages authors and presses to submit works throughout the year as they are
published. Authors should contact their publishers to insure timely submission. Late
submissions will not be considered.
For more information click below.