The IBEC Master Programme offers 5 fellowships granted with a monthly stipend of 550€ gross
IBEC launches the 2 nd call of the Master Programme to encourage master students to begin a research career in our multidisciplinary research institution. The students will carry out research at one of IBEC’s research groups in Barcelona. The Master Programme offers a research experience under University agreement.
IBEC Master Programme: General requirements for all candidates (eligibility criteria)
- Candidates must have obtained a university degree or must hold an official university qualification from a country in the European Higher Education Area from 180 to 240 ECTS of official university studies at the time of deadline (11th October 2018).
- Candidates must have an average final BSc mark of at least 8/10 (Spanish system) in engineering and experimental sciences (physics, chemistry, etc.) or at least 8.3/10 in life sciences.
- Candidates should be admitted into an official master programme of a Catalan university by October 31st 2018. Exceptions for non-local universities may occur if the study plan and university guidelines allow him/her to do an internship according to the requirements of this call. These situations will be addressed on a case-by-case basis.
- Candidates must have a strong commitment to scientific research and an excellent academic record.
- Candidates must have a good working knowledge of English.
- Candidates are eligible for a period of 2 years following the end of their bachelor degree at the time of deadline (11th October 2018).
- Highly motivated and willingness to be a team player in an international multidisciplinary group.
- Mobility experience or participation in research will be considered as a valuable contribution.
How to apply
From 1st June 2018 to 11th October 2018, an online application form is available on the website. In your application, you will be able to choose up to two research groups you would be willing to join.
The research groups of IBEC’s Associated Researchers are also eligible as long as the master thesis is co-supervised by an IBEC group leader.
IBEC group leaders will be asked to support the candidatures interested in his/her groups, so before applying please contact the IBEC Group Leaders or Associated Researchers to get more information about the groups and projects. The 5 fellowships will be assigned to the best candidates after the evaluation process, with the only limitation being only one fellow per research group.
You will be required to provide the following information in the online application tool:
- Personal data.
- Cover letter, including motivation for applying.
- A soft copy of your Certified Academic Record, showing grades obtained (degree). If these are not in Catalan, Spanish or English, applicants should attach a translation in one of these languages.1
- Education: what, when and where you have studied. For a BSc obtained in non-Spanish universities, to standardize the final marks in your application form, you will need to submit your educational certificate using the relation of scales of foreign grades to the equivalent Spanish grades provided by the General Secretariat of Universities of the Spanish Ministry of Education, Culture and Sport (instructions and template included in the application form).
- A letter of recommendation from lecturers or researchers with whom you have studied or worked and who can judge your potential as a master student. Only letters with official letterhead and signature will be accepted. Please be sure to inform your referee that his/her letter must be uploaded in the online application tool before the deadline (11th October 2018).2
(Reference letters cannot be provided by IBEC group leaders or Associated Researchers).
- Your selection of up to 2 IBEC or Associated Researchers’s groups with which you would like to be affiliated, in order of priority.
- The title and university of the master programme in which you wish to enrol.
The registration form must be submitted before the deadline of 11th October 2018.
• From October 15th to 22nd 2018, applications will be eligibility checked by Human Resources.
• From October 23rd to November 4 th , applications will be reviewed by a selection committee composed by IBEC group leaders and administration staff.
• From November 7 th, offers will be made to the successful candidates.
• IBEC Master fellows should take up their positions in January 1 st, 2019. Please, bear in mind that the fellowship will not be longer than June 30th 2019. In 2015, IBEC was awarded the ‘Human Resources Excellence in Research’ seal from the European Commission, in recognition of its commitment to continuously improving its HR policies in line with The European Charter of Researchers and The Code of Conduct for the Recruitment of Researchers. In line with this recognition, IBEC has set up an open, transparent, equal-opportunities and meritbased recruitment procedure to select the most qualified candidates. The selection procedure is governed by the following principles:
▪ Transparency throughout the whole process. ▪ Equal opportunities in the selection and hiring of personnel. ▪ Non-discrimination on grounds of sex, age, ethnic, national or social origin, religion, sexual orientation, language, disability, political opinions or social and economic condition.
▪Confidentiality as the cornerstone of the selection process.
For more information click below.