Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation (BHSI) Fellowship
The Bluhm/Helfand Social Innovation (BHSI) Fellowship at Chicago Ideas Week recognizes social entrepreneurs, 35 years or younger, whose nonprofit and for-profit ventures tackle significant social challenges through innovative business models. Now in its eighth year, the BHSI Fellowship is committed to empowering entrepreneurs from diverse backgrounds by providing them with a platform for growth.
Each year, the outstanding entrepreneurs chosen as Fellows earn a spot on the Chicago Ideas Week stage, and - during the weeklong ideas festival - meet with a slate of nationally-recognized business and civic leaders, as well as fellow speakers, on a schedule tailored to their unique needs. In addition, Fellows are awarded $10,000 in non-discretionary financial support toward their work. They join a close-knit community of past Fellows who enjoy ongoing support and mentorship from the greater BHSI and Chicago Ideas communities.
Since its inception in 2011, the BHSI Fellowship – created by philanthropists and entrepreneurs Leslie Bluhm and David Helfand – has awarded more than $575,000 to the Fellows through contributions and in-kind services.
Chicago Ideas Week will be held October 15-21, 2018. For more information, contact Julia Dilday at julia (at) chicagoideas.com
2018 Key Dates
- THURSDAY, MAY 31 (11:59 PM CST): Application deadline
- THURSDAY, JULY 26: BHSI semi-finalists announced
- FRIDAY, AUGUST 24 & SATURDAY, AUGUST 25: Semi-finalist interviews in Chicago. In order to be considered for the Fellowship, applicants must be able to attend the in-person interviews. Travel expenses will be covered.
- TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 4: BHSI Fellows announced
- MONDAY, OCTOBER 15–SUNDAY, OCTOBER 21: Chicago Ideas Week 2018. In order to be eligible for the Fellowship, Fellows must be present in Chicago October 14–19, with the option of staying to participate through the 21st. (Travel expenses will be covered.)
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.