Weimar Awards are granted in the following categories:
The graduate awards are for scholars who have obtained above-average results in their degree studies and wish to document the conceptual context of their research project, to be realized in Weimar, by means of a dissertation or equivalent scientific work. An assessment approving the research project must be enclosed with the application.
Young graduates who have already completed their doctoral thesis and published their work in relevant journals can apply for a post-doctoral award.
The residential awards are for graduates, scholars who have completed their doctoral thesis and habilitated scientists whose monthly net income exceeds 1,500 Euro and will also do so during the period for which a Weimar award is requested. With the residential awards, the Klassik Stiftung Weimar grants scholars a more generous book allowance and a variety of concessions during the period of their research in Weimar.
Financial assistance is available for a maximum of 6 months:
- Graduate award holders are granted 1,000 Euro/month
- Post-doctoral award holders are granted 1,500 Euro/month
- Residential award holders are granted 500 Euro/month
- A clearly recognisable relationship between the research plan and the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s collections
- The applicant’s scientific qualifications
- The significance of the research plan for research community
General surveys and works without direct reference to the sources cannot be supported. The award holders are chosen by a committee comprising staff members at the Klassik Stiftung and members of the Research Council. There are no legal entitlements to Weimar awards.
- Application form
- Abstract of the research plan (10-15 lines), which will be published on the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s website in the event of an award being approved
- The brief outline of the research plan profiling the applicant’s own research interests, the current standing of research in the relevant field, the applicant’s own preliminary work and describing how the applicant’s own research project would be carried on by a period of residence in Weimar (5-6 pages)
- Curriculum vitae in table form, list of publications, certificates and references
- Evaluation of the research project to be completed in Weimar (when applying for a graduate award)
Decisions concerning grant applications are made in March and September every year. Applications must be submitted by the following deadlines:
- for Spring: January 31
- for Autumn: July 31
Please send your application online (in one PDF-Document) or by post to the address given below.
Accommodation and insurance
Award holders can rent the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s guest rooms and apartments for a reduced fee during their stay in Weimar if available.
Moreover, the following concessions and services are available to all Weimar award holders:
- Free admission to all of the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s institutions
- Assistance from the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s staff members
According to current tax regulations, Weimar awards are not liable for income tax or pension insurance. The awards must be taken up within twelve months of being granted. Travel expenses cannot usually be subsidized. Foreign award holders and award holders traveling to Weimar from abroad must have health insurance to cover the costs of any treatment which may be necessary for the Federal Republic of Germany. Corresponding proof must be provided before the award is accepted. Holders may not make use of their awards unless they are insured.
Obligations of award holders
Award holders will pursue their studies in the Klassik Stiftung Weimar’s institutions. They will take part in regular colloquia during their stay in Weimar. They declare their willingness to present their current research project to an interested public in general comprehensive terms.
Award holders are required to present a work report as well as to answer some additional questions at the end of their stay in Weimar, and no later than four weeks of the expiration of their award (see Downloads for form). The work report should outline the results of the research carried out in Weimar and mention the used collections. Ideas on how the Weimar awards could be developed further are encouraged.
The award holders are obliged to make appropriate mention of the support provided by the Klassik Stiftung in all publications originating from their stay in Weimar. The following wording must be used: »This study was supported by an award from the Klassik Stiftung Weimar.« A sample of every publication originating from the award holder’s stay in Weimar must be sent to the Klassik Stiftung.
Withdrawal of award
Awards may be withdrawn at any time if the information in the application documents is incorrect or the obligations undertaken are not fulfilled. If an award holder does not present his work report within the given deadline, the Klassik Stiftung will demand reimbursement of part of the award. Awards may be adjusted at short notice in the event of changes in the award holder’s personal or financial circumstances during his/her stay in Weimar.
Adress for applications
Klassik Stiftung Weimar
Stabsreferat Forschung und Bildung
99423 Weimar firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.