Middle East and Northern Africa (MENA) Fellowship Program
The Middle East & Northern Africa (MENA) Fellowship Program, supported by the British Council, provides access to ISPA's extensive international network of arts professionals to early and mid-career leaders from the MENA performing arts community (Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen). Participants join the ISPA membership and attend the ISPA Congress where they engage in the development and exchange of ideas with leaders from some of the world's most significant arts organizations, increase their industry knowledge and resources through educational opportunities, and share their experience with their communities.
In 2018, Fellows receive:
- One-year ISPA membership with access to all member benefits
- Full Pass registration to the Leeuwarden-Friesland Congress (June 11 - 15, 2018) including the Anthony Field Academy prior to the Congress.
- Up to $2,300 US to assist with travel and accommodation expenses related to attending the Congress
The MENA Fellowship Program seeks to engage leaders working in the management of all professional performing arts.
- Be performing arts management professionals from one of the following countries: Algeria, Egypt, Iraq, Jordan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestinian Territories, Syria or Yemen
- Be currently employed/working in the performing arts
- Have a minimum of five years professional experience in the arts
- Not currently be a member of ISPA (nor have been one in the past three years) or associated with a current organizational ISPA member
- Have the ability to attend and fully participate in the Leeuwarden-Friesland ISPA Congress (June 11 - 15, 2018)
- have a strong working knowledge of English to successfully participate in the program
There is no fee to submit an ISPA Fellowship application.
Below are the main sections of the application form. Please use this as a guideline to prepare answers prior to beginning the online application form.Applicants are asked to provide general contact information including name, address,email, etc. and a short biography (150 words or less).
Personal Testimony Applicants are asked to answer 6 questions (Each limited to 250 words or less).
- How did you hear about ISPA and theRegional Fellowship Program?
- Tell what you are currently doing in relation to the performing arts?
- Tell about your career and life objectives?
- Why do you feel participating in ISPA at this time would be beneficial for you and/or your organization?
- What do you feel you will contribute to both ISPA as well as to the Congress?
- How will you share the knowledge gained through the ISPA Regional FellowshipProgram with the arts leaders in your community?
Applicants are asked to upload their CV/Resume in PDF format (saved aslastname_firstname.pdf). Please also be prepared to list your current employment including employer name, job title, employer address, dates of employment, and a brief paragraph describing responsibilities.
Applicants are asked for the contact information of two professional references (letters not required). Please be prepared to provide their name, job title, organization name, phone number, and email.
Applicants may do a final review of his/her application by clicking on the “back” button on the bottom of each page. When satisfied, please press submit to receive an on screen message confirming receipt. If you do not receive a confirmation message, please contact Nora Fleury at email@example.com or +1 (212) 206-8490x201 to ensure the application was received.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.