Two-High Doctoral Scholarship Program at Zhejiang University 2018, China
Two-High (i.e. high-level and high-quality) Doctoral Program is established by Zhejiang University(ZJU), aiming to sponsor ZJU’s high-level professors to enroll high-quality foreign students for doctoral program studies in ZJU.
Coverage of the scholarship
Full scholarship, including:
- Tuition waiver
- Free accommodation on campus
- Living allowance: CNY 3,500 per month
- Comprehensive Medical Insurance
Duration of the Scholarship
Same as the length of each doctoral program, as usually 3 or 3.5 academic years. For exact information, please refer to the admission notice.
Note: Scholarship students shall receive their monthly living allowance after registration. New students who register before the 15th (15th included) of the registration month will get the full amount of living allowance of that month, and those who register after 15th will get half the amount of that month. Upon graduation, students will get a living allowance for another 15 days after the graduation date set by the university. The allowance will be terminated from the following month after students suspend, terminate or complete their studies at the university. Monthly living allowances cover school holidays. Scholarship students who missed the monthly living allowance during holidays may be reimbursed upon their return on campus. The allowance will be suspended for at least one month for those students who do not register on time without permission from the university, who are on leave for non-health reasons or are absent from the university for over a month.
- Applicants must meet the requirements prescribed in Doctoral Degree Programs Admission 2018.
- Applicants shall graduate from Top 500 World Universities (can refer to 2016 World University Rankings published by QS, ARWU, US News or Times Higher) or top universities in their home countries. Applicants must have master’s degree and be under the age of 40.
- Applicants should have a competitive academic record and display strong scientific research ability.
- Applicants must have earned acceptance by ZJU professor, who has student enrollment qualification in Two-High Doctoral Program.
- Applicants should not be a recipient of any other scholarships or funding.
Applicants shall contact their prospective supervisors first (ZJU colleges/departments websites to find professors contact information) to confirm whether they can apply for this program. Then applicants shall make online application via the Website of the International College of Zhejiang University (http://iczu.zju.edu.cn) and submit all the application materials to Graduate Office of International College by post or in person.
Note: Please email a scanned copy of the application documents to their prospective supervisor in ZJU as well.
Room 4500/3504, International College Building, Yuquan Campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou，China
Zhe Da Road 38, Hangzhou，China, Post Code: 310027
Note: The application package should be labeled “Application for Two-High Doctoral Scholarship Program”
- Application Form for Admission to Zhejiang University.
Log on Zhejiang University’s International Students Online Application System, fill in and submit the application form, then print out and sign.
- Application Form for Zhejiang University Scholarship—Two-High Doctoral Program.
Use the same Username and Password of Zhejiang University’s International Students Online Application System to log on the Scholarship Application Page. After login, click “Apply for Two-High Doctoral Program” at the lower left side of the page, submit the application form, then print out and sign.
- A photocopy of passport.
- Form for Provisional Acceptance of International Student by ZJU Professor.
- Highest degree certificates, which must be original documents or notarized copies. If applicants are university students, they shall provide an official pre-graduation certificate showing their student status and stating expected graduation date. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Academic transcripts, which must be original documents or notarized copies. Documents in languages other than Chinese or English must be attached with notarized translations in Chinese or English.
- Photocopies of language (Chinese or English) proficiency certificates. Applicants for Chinese-instructed programs must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate. Applicants for English-instructed programs must provide the certificate of TOEFL or IELTS test score. (Not required for English native speakers)
- Personal statement, in Chinese or English, should include study and work experience, reasons for application and study proposal.
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors excluding the applicant’s prospective supervisor in ZJU, in Chinese or English. (Professors’ signature, contact phone number and email address must be put on the letter.)
- Published academic papers or other academic achievements. (If any)
- Remittance receipt of the application fee (RMB 400 yuan).
The incomplete application materials will not be processed.
Application materials will NOT be returned regardless of the result of the application.
To ensure receiving your application materials successfully, it is advised not to submit application materials during the University’s winter vacation (from Jan 28 to Mar. 2, 2018).
Zhejiang University will examine all the application materials. Decisions for granting the scholarships will be made on the basis of the applicant’s competitiveness, academic record and other preset standards.
List of Scholarship awardees is expected to be announced before the end of July. Admission Notice with other relevant documents will be sent out then.
- Scholarship students must go through the Study Review each semester. The scholarship will be terminated if the student fails in the Study Review.
- The Zhejiang University Scholarship's period is the same with the study period on the Admission Notice and CAN NOT be extended.
- Scholarships of the students who suspend their studies due to illness or for other reasons will not be reserved.
- The International College of Zhejiang University is responsible for the interpretation of the scholarship granting procedures and regulations.
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.