Call for Scholarship Applications 2018 at the Faculty of Medicine Universitas Indonesia
DAAD (German Academic Exchange Service), as a publicly funded, selfgoverning organisation of the institutions of higher education in Germany, promotes international academic exchange as well as educational co-operation with developing countries through a variety of funding and scholarship programmes.
As part of the „In-Country / In-Region Scholarship Progamme“ DAAD offers scholarships for PhD studies The programme is funded by the German Federal Ministry of Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ) and aims at university staff in the first line, without neglecting the public sector demand of academically trained personnel.
The target group for scholarships are graduates and postgraduates from South East Asia with a Master’s degree if applying for a doctoral programme who want to pursue Master’s or PhD courses in their home country (so called In-Country scholarships) or in another South East Asia country (In-Region scholarships). It has been agreed upon that DAAD cooperates with Faculty of Medicine Universitas Indonesia (PDIB FKUI) by offering up to 4 In-Region/In-country scholarships for PhD studies at PDIB FKUI for the intake 2018.
- have successfully completed generally a three-year university degree/144 CP (Master candidates) or a five-year university degree/180 CP (doctoral candidates) with above average results (upper third of class)
- clearly show motivation and strong commitment
- have thorough knowledge of English language
- have completed their last university degree not more than 6 years ago at the time of application
- must be nationals or permanent resident of a South East Asian country
Female applicants and candidates from less privileged regions or groups are especially encouraged to participate in the programme.
The scholarships are initially granted for one year and can be extended to upon receipt of an application for extension. Scholars must demonstrate satisfactory progress before an extension is granted. All further information will be provided after admission to the scholarship programme.
The In-Country/ In-Region Scholarship Programme Scholarships supports studies in subject areas with strong relevance to national development. The scholarships at the Faculty of Medicine Universitas Indonesia (PDIB FKKUI) are available in the following fields: PhD in Biomedical Sciences. The duration of the PhD programme is three years.
The application process contains two steps.
- First step: Applicants must apply for their studies at the Universitas Indonesia (Faculty of Medicine) using the contacts and the method that is prescribed by the institution. Universitas Indonesia-Faculty of Medicine (PDIB FKUI) has set their own deadlines. PDIB FKKUI will screen, pre-select (according to DAAD selection criteria) and short-list the applicants. A detailed report consisting of the shortlisting procedure, the entire list of applicants, the ranked shortlist and the shortlisting panel members will also be availed to DAAD. The ranked shortlist will contain double or triple the number of scholarships that have been attributed to the institution. DAAD reserves the right of final selection.
- Second step: Pre-selected candidates are asked to log into the DAAD portal and register themselves and submit an DAAD application. 1. Register online via the DAAD-Portal (if not already registered): https://portal.daad.de 2. Apply online via the DAAD-Portal under the tab “Personal Funding“/ “Application“
Documents to be submitted:
- DAAD application form duly filled (available in the DAAD-Portal)
- Hand signed curriculum vitae (please use the European specimen form at http://europass.cedefop. Europa.eu), including a list of publications (if applicable).
- 2 Recommendation letter by university teachers
- Letter of admission for the host university / institution / network - Certified copies of university degree certificates including transcripts
- Letter of motivation (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- Copy of the passport - Language certificate
PhD candidates have to submit the following additional documents:
- Declaration of acceptance from the academic supervisor
- Detailed and precise PhD proposal, including detailed work and time table (if applicable: mentioning the planned research stay in Germany, see “Additional benefits”)
- - Abstract of the proposal on one page (please include name and title of proposal
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.