Cultural Vistas Fellowship
For the summer of 2018, Cultural Vistas will select up to 12 fellows to take part in this multinational professional development program that includes eight-week summer internships in Argentina, Germany, and India. This fellowship opportunity is funded by Cultural Vistas.
The sixth class of Cultural Vistas Fellows will enrich their academic learning through professional internship and immersion experiences focused on civic engagement and youth involvement during the summer of 2018. One cohort of up to four fellows will travel to each international destination.
- All program-related travel expenses, including round-trip airfare to and within one’s internship country; as well as travel to New York City for pre-departure and reentry seminars is covered
- Internship placement in Argentina, Germany, or India
- Accommodations throughout program, including pre-departure and reentry seminars
- Virtual learning seminar
- Pre-departure support services
- Cultural orientation upon arrival in host country
- Visa application support (where applicable)
- Emergency medical insurance during internship phase
The Cultural Vistas Fellowship will take place in five distinct phases:
- Virtual learning component to orient fellows to their host country and each other, discuss issues related to civic engagement and youth involvement, and prepare for their time abroad
- Pre-departure orientation in New York City for fellows to meet, share learning goals, and prepare for their international internships
- Eight-week internships in Buenos Aires, Berlin, and Bangalore. During this phase, fellows will take part in an online learning exchange to process and provide comparative analyses of their experiences.
- Reentry seminar in New York City bringing together fellows to reflect on their experiences and share what they learned during the program
- Post-program “Fellows in Service” activities that highlight the learning acquired on campuses and in local communities
Candidates for the Cultural Vistas Fellowship must meet the following requirements:
- U.S. citizens enrolled full-time as an undergraduate student at a four-year accredited U.S. college or university
- Sophomore or junior academic status at the time of application; preferred minimum GPA of 3.0
- Ages 18-30
- No formal prior work or study abroad experiences
- Prior knowledge of language of host country
- This is applicable in Germany and Argentina only
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.