Joint Seed Funding - The Hebrew University of Jerusalem
With the goal of facilitating cooperation in the framework of a strategic partnership, Freie Universität Berlin (FUB) and the Hebrew University of Jerusalem (HUJI) have established a joint seed money funding scheme. The funding shall enable FUB and HUJI faculty and researchers to identify complementary strengths, facilitate the use of synergies, and promote the development of outstanding future research projects.
The joint funding scheme with an annual budget of € 50.000 aims at supporting the first steps of research collaboration. The following formats are possible:
- Intensive research workshops
- Short term research stays (for young as well as established researchers)
- Research-oriented teaching / short intensive graduate seminars
- Mobility for the preparation of joint research proposals
Selection criteria Seed money funding for joint activities will be provided on a competitive basis. Projects will be selected by a joint FUB-HUJI committee, giving particular attention to the following criteria:
• Clearly formulated plan and goals of the activity
• Information on envisaged synergies
• Level of concreteness of future joint research, incl. timeframe and information on funding programs and steps for developing a joint proposal
• Compatibility with the FUB/HUJI research profiles (interdisciplinary nature, excellence of project leaders, scope of the fields/labs represented in the proposed activity)
• Information on how the cooperation can be sustained beyond the initial seed money funding phase
For further information, please contact:
Judith Winkler, Center for International Cooperation, Phone: +49 30 838 73949, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.