Rudi Roth Grant for Research on South-Eastern and Eastern Europe
In the context of the Rudi Roth Grant, the University of Graz supports bachelor, master, diploma and PhD theses focusing on Eastern and South-Eastern Europe from the perspective of the respective field of study / research of the applicant. The scholarship is open for students of all faculties.
Degree students of the University of Graz (= entrance university) meeting the following requirements are eligible to apply:
- The research focus of the thesis is on the situation in Eastern and South-Eastern Europe
- and includes a research stay on the region in the academic year 2017/18.
for research stay abroad in the academic year 2017/18
1. Start your application at UNIGRAZonline (log on > click on "International Relations" > select program > select relevant academic year). The Online Help in the Online Application Tool provides further instructions.
2. Submit the following documents:
- Application form (download from UNIGRAZonline) incl. foto, signed
- CV in tabular form with signature)
- Current Record of Studies (Studienblatt) and Confirmation of Registration (Studienbestätigung), download from UNIGRAZonline account
- Academic transcript (download from UNIGRAZonline account)
- Research Proposal incl. Information on host institution / location abroad as well as planned timeframe for the research abroad Reason for the application including the content and time frame of the research to be undertaken in the context of the thesis and the planned location of research (2 pages max.)
- Letter of recommendation issued by the thesis supervisor at the University of Graz
Online application is activated and ends on
- 1 March
Please submit hard copies of all of the indicated application documents by:
- 1 March
Only complete applications will be accepted.
Scholarships awarded based on the decision of a selection committee will be for EUR 2.000 – EUR 4.000, depending on available funds. The awarding of the scholarship is furthermore contingent on
- the mandatory attendance of the scholarship award ceremony
- research report to be provided at the end of the research stay
The transfer of the awarded grant to the selected grantees is contingent on and will happen after the scholarship award ceremony on the basis of the documents to be handed in by the grantee (acceptance form, Meldebestätigung = confirmation of registration with the City of Graz).
SCHOLARSHIP AWARD CEREMONY
The official scholarship award ceremony will take place on 15 June 2018, 11.00am in the Aula of the University of Graz. Attendance is mandatory for selected grantees according to the regulations as set out by the scholarship sponsor.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.