Postdoctoral Fellowships in Quantum Optics at MPQ
The Max Planck Institute of Quantum Optics (MPQ) and the Physics Department at Harvard University join their expertise to expand on their ground breaking research and to promote excellent young scientists.
Therefore the MPH Center for Quantum Optics invites interested young scientists to apply for our Postdoctoral Fellowships in Quantum Science. Fellowships are awarded for the duration of two years. Successful candidates can carry out their research either at Harvard or at MPQ, whilst taking advantage of the unique opportunity to pursue their research in collaboration with faculty and students at both institutions. Participation in collaborative research projects between Harvard and MPQ is specifically encouraged. Hereby, fellows will be offered the opportunity to travel between both institutions on a regular basis, while profiting from the excellent colloquia series and scientific retreat events organized by the center each year.
In order to be ebligible for the MPQ-Harvard fellowships applicants have to have completed their PhD before starting the fellowship. To apply, please submit a curriculum vitae, a list of publications, and a brief description of research interests and goals (the latter NOT TO BE EXCEEDING 500 WORDS) to either MPQ or Harvard. Applicants should also arrange for a minimum of three letters of reference to be uploaded to the same site. Only web submissions will be accepted.
After a first pre-selection, selected candidates will be invited to give a talk at our Harvard Fellowship Day at MPQ.
The Application Process re-opened in October 2017!
The deadline for application is the 15th of November 2017
Education: Please give details about all your university education, including dates and degrees acquired. Also give a short summary of your PhD thesis, and list any prizes and scholarships you received. This is also the spot to put any other information you think relevant.
- Research: In this section we ask you about your previous research: please list your research interests, state your publications (most relevant), and give an outline of your prior and ongoing projects and collaborations
- Field of interest: Please give a research field (at most two) that you are planning to work in. As you will be based either in Munich or Cambridge, please state who you want to collaborate with.
- Research Agenda: Here you should sketch out the research agenda you intend to pursue at the Quantum Center. Also explain, how this research relates to your previous research.
- Recommendation: Name three referees that can testify on your previous work. They will be notified automatically by email
- Upload: Please upload your CV, your transcripts, papers and publications. Please use pdf format only!
The University of Harvard and the MPQ are equal opportunity employers. Applications of women, minorities and individuals with disabilities are highly encouraged.
Applications of candidates will be reviewed by all PIs. Selected candidates will then be invited for a talk and a laboratory/group tour at MPQ. In a last step, PIs of both MPQ and Harvard will be jointly deciding to whome Post-Doc fellowships will be granted.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.