Call for Postdoctoral position in Data Science at Central European University
The Intellectual Theme Initiative “Just data” at Central European University is looking for an exceptional candidate to fill one open postdoctoral position in data science, broadly defined.
The research will be conducted with the research group directed by Prof. Roberta Sinatra and Prof. Michael Szell, with unique opportunities for collaborations with other excellent faculty at Central European University. The group currently focuses on quantitative projects at the boundary of computational social science and network science, including science of science, social dynamics, urban sustainability, data visualization, and fundamental questions in complex systems.
We welcome applicants with strong background in fields including statistical physics, applied mathematics, machine learning, artificial intelligence, social network analysis, complex systems, or other closely related fields. Our priority is to attract technically strong researchers who are interested in asking bold, new questions with data. A stated passion in data analysis is a must; excellent organizational and interpersonal skills are essential. The applicant will conduct research using large data sets, and be involved in the development of interactive data visualization tools.
- Excellent programing skills in Python or a similar language
- Experience handling large data sets
- Research experience in data science, broadly defined
- Experience with complex systems/networks modeling
- Experience with data bases
- Knowledge in web development (HTML, CSS, JS), esp. in state-of-the-art JS libraries like React
- Experience in data visualization, for example using D3
How to applyCandidates must submit to Roberta Sinatra (email@example.com) with subject heading “Postdoc Application [your name]”, containing:
- cover letter, describing your research, and your interest in and qualifications for this position
- curriculum vita, including publication list
- a link to the candidate’s professional webpage (if applicable)
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.