Faculty Development Programs
Sponsored by the U.S. Department of State, the Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq, and the Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Programs for Egypt and Lebanon are designed to bring junior scholars to U.S. host institutions for faculty development, mentoring, and cultural exchange activities. The intent of these 10-week programs is to equip scholars with the knowledge and tools needed to build the capacity of their home institutions and to advance the education of future generations. In addition, it lays the foundation for junior scholars and their U.S. hosts to develop long-term institutional relationships and to identify areas of cooperation that can be sustained beyond the grant period.
Participating institutions will enjoy a unique opportunity to establish lasting relationships with faculty members at universities in the scholars’ home countries and to build upon current efforts to internationalize their campuses and surrounding communities.
- Build higher education capacity in scholars’ home country through faculty development and mentoring for junior scholars
- Foster long-term collaboration and institutional linkages between scholars and U.S. academics
- Promote mutual understanding between scholars’ home country and Americans by facilitating the scholars’ engagement with the broader host campus community
- Fulbright Visiting Scholar Program for Iraq: June 30 - September 8, 2018
- Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Program for Lebanon: July 8 – September 16, 2018
- Fulbright Junior Faculty Development Program for Egypt: July 8 – September 16, 2018
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published under this link http://www.cies.org/program/faculty-development-programs but it is no more active.