3 Grant Program for Japanese Studies Projects
This program is designed to promote Japanese studies overseas by providing grants toward various Japanese studies projects implemented by overseas organizations.
Overseas non-profit organizations such as academic institutions from university level upwards or research institutions that are implementing Japanese studies activities.
Projects must fall into any of the following four categories: (1) Research or conference on Japan; study or training in Japan; or publication that promotes and contributes to the development of Japanese studies; (2) Inviting scholars or researchers from Japan or third countries to deliver lectures on Japan; (3) Purchase of books and materials on Japanese studies; (4) Other relevant projects which would further promote and expand the horizon of Japanese studies. ＊Commercial activities, arts and cultural activities, activities in support of specific doctrines or claims, and so forth are not eligible for this program
Projects must be implemented and completed between April 1, 2018 and March 31, 2019.
Part of the following expenses:
(1) Travel expenses (international airfares and other transportation expenses, daily allowances and accommodation fees);
(2) Honoraria (for lecturers, collaborators, interpreters, etc.);
(3) Meeting expenses (for venues, equipments, etc.);
(4) Other expenses (for printing, materials, etc.).
(1) See p. 3 for the selection policy common to all programs.
(2) Applications will be selected by comprehensively assessing the projects, including its contents, viability, relevance, efficiency, etc. The Japan Foundation also takes into account the regional and national distribution of its funding, and appropriates the distribution if need be.
(3) Lower priority will be given to the projects based on existing partnerships, such as agreements between universities and sister institution relationships
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.