2016 Summer Undergraduate Awards
Request for Proposals
Undergraduate students planning to conduct research or pursue creative projects during summer 2016 are invited to apply for URSA funding awards of up to $5,000 to fund student salary, tuition, travel and/or supplies.
• Undergraduate students in any year of study and from any UAF campus may apply
• Projects in any discipline will be considered
• GPA 2.0 or above
• While the project topic and results may contribute to a mentor’s program of research or creative scholarship, the work must be performed by the student
Criteria for selection
• Written quality of the proposal and quality of the work plan
• Intellectual merit and scholarly contribution of the project and its potential outcomes
• Student learning outcomes articulated in the proposal
• Adequate involvement of a faculty mentor as demonstrated in a mentoring plan
• Feasibility of completion within the timeline.
10. The project budget and justification.
Deadline to apply is February 26, 2016
Details and application:
• Click on “URSA Award Application”
• Selections will be made by the URSA Review Panel and URSA Co-Directors
• Funding decisions will be announced by email and posted on the URSA website by March 18, 2016
• Awardees are required to complete a reflection survey of their experience and create a poster presenting project outcomes and email an electronic version to URSA by August 31, 2016.
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: