16-20 October 2013 | Latvia
Application Deadline: 16 June 2013
The training course is designed for those who are directly involved in the support system around the European Voluntary Service (EVS) such as mentors and task-related support persons on the hosting, sending and coordinating side. The participants from Sending and Hosting organisations should already have some experience in EVS (minimum of being in the process of sending or hosting a volunteer, better having been already sending or receiving the first volunteer).
The overall aim of the SOHO TC is: To increase the quality of EVS activities through development of competencies (knowledge, skills and attitudes) of key actors involved in the support system around EVS volunteer. The specific objectives of the course are:
- To get a better understanding of the concept of EVS as “learning service” and related quality aspects in EVS
- To improve the ability for co-operation and working in international partnership
- To reflect on the roles, responsibilities and challenges within the EVS volunteer support system
- To raise awareness of the learning dimension in EVS and provide tools for learning support
- To support the recognition of non formal learning in EVS through the implementation of the Youthpass
- To inform about state of play of the future programme
The programme of the SOHO TC is built around six quality aspects relevant to the support people around EVS volunteer. During the course participants will deepen their understanding and increase their competences in realation to the identified quality aspects (reflected practice – selection and inclusion – international partnership – support system – learning in EVS – recognition of learning through Youthpass) thanks to variety of training methods like simulation exercises, case studies, self-reflection tools, conceptual inputs and working groups.
The network of National Agencies for “Youth in Action” organises a series of SOHOs each year. You’ll find an overview on all the upcoming SOHOs at http://www.salto-youth.net/SOHO/ .
Visit salto-youth.net for more details.