The Polish-American Freedom Foundation and the Polish-U.S. Fulbright Commission announce the next edition of the open competition for the candidates from the Ukraine, Belarus, Russia, Moldavia, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Kazakhstan and Kyrgyzstan for participation in the Lane Kirkland Scholarship Program in the 2013/2014 academic year.
The Program is addressed to young leaders with higher education who are interested in the development of democracy, economy and civil society in their countries and in the region.
The Program is realized in the form of a two-semester project course with Polish universities and 2-4-week professional internships with public or private institutions.
- Economics and management
- Administration / management (business, NGO, culture, environmental protection, health care)
- Public administration (government and local government)
- Social science (social psychology, sociology)
- Political science and international relations
- Development policy
In the 2013/2014 academic year the Kirkland Program is addressed to the following persons:
- experts, politicians, employees at government and local government institutions
- entrepreneurs and managers
- leaders of non-governmental organizations, cultural organizers and promoters of active citizenship
- academic teachers
- Citizenship and permanent residence in one of the targeted countries (holders of permanent residence card in Poland are ineligible)
- Master’s degree
- Up to 35 years of age (in special cases up to 40)
- Polish language proficiency adequate to effectively attend lectures and seminars as well as to prepare a diploma project or, alternatively, English in case of those candidates who select a specific study program with English as the language of instruction (in such cases, only basic Polish is required)
- Professional experience of at least 2 years
- Candidates actively working in their professional and social fields
- Candidates who have significant achievements
- Candidates who have not studied in Poland before
- Application form to be completed on-line:
- detailed personal questionnaire
- proposed program of study in Poland explaining the purpose of participation in the Kirkland Program, including future plans connected therewith (4,000-6,000 characters with spaces).
- Two letters of satisfaction describing the achievements and qualifications of the candidate as well as the expectations connected with the candidate’s further development and work in her/his professional or social field sent by e-mail
- Copy of a university diploma (or candidate of sciences diploma) sent by e-mail.
Approximately 50 best applicants will be selected in a 3-stage evaluation process of candidates:
Stage 1 – formal assessment of applications
Stage 2 – substantive assessment of applications
Stage 3 – interviews (April 15 – May 9, 2013).
The candidates who have qualified by passing all 3 stages are informed via e-mail at the end of March. The information of the final results will be sent via e-mail in June 2013.
The application form is available at:
Application forms should be filled out on-line.
After the on-line application is completed, the system will generate a confirmation document that needs to be printed. The signed document should then be sent to the Fulbright Commission by regular mail with the candidate’s current photograph attached thereto.
The letters of satisfaction and copies of diploma should be scanned and sent to: Kirkland@fulbright.edu.pl
The deadline for submitting applications for the Kirkland Scholarship Program is:
March 1, 2013
The applications received after the above-mentioned date shall not be examined.