German Oriental Studies Conference (Deutscher Orientalistentag)
23 – 27 September 2013
Since 1921, the German Society for Oriental Studies (Deutsche Morgenländische Gesellschaft) has organized the German Oriental Studies Conference (Deutscher Orientalistentag), normally once every three years. In 2013 the DOT will take place for the first time in Münster.
The panels and individual presentations will be grouped into the following sections:
- African Studies
- Ancient Near Eastern Studies and Archaeology
- Arabic Language and Literature
- Byzantine Studies
- Coptology and the Christian Orient
- Indo-European Linguistics
- Indology and South Asian Studies
- Iranian Studies
- Islamic Studies
- Japanese Studies
- Jewish Studies
- Korean Studies
- Old Testament Studies
- Ottoman Studies
- Semitic Studies
- Southeast Asian Studies
- Turkic and Central Asian Studies
- Art and Archaeology
- Historical Anthropology and Material Culture
- Politics, Economy and Society
Cooperation between sections in the form of interdisciplinary panels (ideally consisting of 3-6 presentations) are especially welcome.
To register, submit the following information as doc/odt and as pdf document by e-mail to email@example.com:
- The presenter’s name, address, institutional affiliation, and the name of institution that granted his/her highest degree
- Title of the presentation and a brief abstract (ca. 250 words)
- The desired section and, if applicable, the title of the panel and the name of the panel organizer
Submission deadline: 31 March 2013
Those who register and pay before 31 May 2013 are eligible for a fee of 80 € (reduced 40 €).
Those who register and pay later, must pay 100 € (reduced 50 €) before the beginning of the conference.
Click here for more information about the conference.