The Center for Religious Studies (CRS) is a cross departmental unit that serves as an academic forum at CEU fostering the study of religion. The mission of the center is to organize MA and PhD studies towards the Advanced Certificate in Religious Studies, to initiate and to coordinate research, to disseminate the results of research by mounting academic events, and to issue publications that address religion-related questions in critical ways. The CRS crosses the borders of disciplines, confessional and geo-political categorizations, and covers historical periods from ancient to modern times. With institutional projects and contacts throughout the region and worldwide, the CRS provides an important site for academic research and communication.
For more information please visit the link provided below.
CRS current research interests include:
- the cognitive and psychological structures of religious experience
- the religious dimensions of political thought and collective action
- the textual and ritual transmission of religious cultures
- the shaping of orthodoxies and of intellectual and social dissent
- cross-religious processes, including polemics, conversion, and cultural transfers
How to apply
Applicants need to submit:
- academic curriculum vitae
- representative publication or writing sample
- research proposal with an abstract
- contact information for two referees
- the covering letter should describe research and achievements so far and a statement of what the candidate hopes to accomplish during the tenure of the Fellowship
The deadline for applications is June 30, 2017.
For informal inquiries, please contact CRS coordinator Esther Holbrook at email@example.com.
Please send your complete application package to: firstname.lastname@example.org - including job code in subject line: 2017/058
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.