Professional Development Grants (PDGs)
Professional Development Grants (PDGs) provide support for mid-career conservationists to pursue short-term, non-degree training to upgrade their knowledge and skills. These trainings can include short courses, certificate trainings, or conferences among other training opportunities.
Applicants may request up to $6,500 for the proposed training.
Applicants must meet all of the following eligiblity criteria to be considered for a grant.
- You must be a citizen of an eligible country.
- You must currently be living and working in your home country.
- You must have at least three years of work experience (paid position) in a conservation-related field in your home country.
- You must have applied to or already be accepted to participate in the proposed training at the time you submit your application.
- Your current work and proposed training must help advance conservation in your home country.
- You must not be enrolled in an academic degree program.
- You must have approval from your employer to participate in the proposed training and the promise of continued employment.
- You must have a bank account in your own name that can receive US dollars.
- You must not have received funding from EFN in the past. Previous PDG recipients may be eligible for Alumni Grants.
- The proposed training must take place at least 90 days after the application deadline.
- The proposed training must be completed within 6 months and must not lead to an academic degree.
- You must submit all required documents by the application deadline.
All applicants must complete an application by one of the deadlines noted below. The proposed training must take place at least 90 days after the application deadline to allow EFN time for review, selection and processing of the grant.
- November 1, 2016
- February 1, 2017
- May 1, 2017
- August 1, 2017
Individuals may submit an online application at any time. Completed applications will be reviewed on the dates noted above, and applicants will be notified of the results within one month after the application deadline.
Please note: Professional Development Grants are highly competitive. Meeting the minimum eligibility requirements does not guarantee you will receive a grant.
FOR MORE INFORMATION
For more information on Professional Development Grants please review the frequently asked question document. For other questions, please e-mail us at email@example.com.
The EFN Facebook group is also a great resource to learn about grant availability and other program news.
For more information please click "Further Official Information" below.