The World Innovation Summit for Education (WISE) was established by Qatar Foundation in 2009 under the leadership of its Chairperson, Her Highness Sheikha Moza bint Nasser. WISE is an international, multi-sectoral platform for creative thinking, debate, and purposeful action. WISE has established itself as a global reference in new approaches to education. Through a range of ongoing programs, WISE is promoting innovation and building the future of education through collaboration.
Recruitment for theNew Cohort
WISE is now looking for the next cohort of outstanding young learners aged 18 to 25 to apply, or be nominated, to join this growing global community. The successful Learners will be expected to attend the activities in Doha in November/December 2016 and will be involved in year-long activities throughout 2017. Your full attendance and participation is mandatory if you are to be considered for the program.
In addition to this, the WISE Learners’ Voice Program requires your individual commitment, attendance and full participation in two mandatory residential sessions. The first will take place from January 2–13, 2017 in Doha, Qatar, and the second from May 28 - June 10, 2017 in Madrid, Spain. WISE - Qatar Foundation will cover all program-related expenses, including flights and accommodation, for the selected Learners
How to Apply
Learners can either apply individually or be nominated*. Both forms are evaluated through the same criteria and are considered equal.
> Individual application: apply personally to take part in the program WISE is inviting highly motivated learners to apply for the Learners’ Voice Program by submitting an application form that must be endorsed by two referees (these should be individuals who know you in a professional capacity such as through work or school).
> Nominate a learner to take part in the Program WISE invites representatives of institutions, organizations, programs and networks around the world to nominate learners with outstanding academic/personal/professional experiences to participate in the WISE Learners’ Voice Program. WISE is seeking to form a group of individuals from diverse educational paths and cultural backgrounds. *Please do not submit more than one nomination form and/or one application form per Learner. We will not read multiple submissions for the same individual.
Completed forms should be submitted through the online portal by March 31, 2016, 18.00 GMT
Learner Selection Criteria
1. Age and status: Participants must be between the ages of 18 and 25 on December 1, 2016.All applicants must be considered legal adults in their home country.
2. Availability: Participants must be able to travel to Doha, Qatar, and be able and willing to participate in the full, mandatory WISE Learners’ Voice event in November/December 2016.
3. Participants must be willing to contribute to online discussions prior to the event and to work with the WISE Team to prepare for your full engagement.
4. Participants must be able to take part in two mandatory residential sessions from January 2– 13, 2017 in Doha, Qatar, and May 28 - June 10, 2017 in Madrid, Spain.
5. Attendance and participation in the mandatory sessions is critical. By submitting the form you are acknowledging these terms and committing to them.
6. Continued involvement and participation: Participants must be able to continue their involvement with the Learners’ Voice Program throughout the year. This includes no-site, online and group activities.
7. All participants must hold a passport that is valid for at least 18 months from 1 November 2016.
8. Academic and professional competencies: All participants should be able to demonstrate their academic and/or professional achievements and experiences to date.
9. Professional and wider interests: Participants should be able to demonstrate interest and/or involvement in education and other wider global development issues.
10. Social engagement: All participants must be able to demonstrate their engagement in wider social networks or communities broadly associated with their studies and/ or professional interests.
11. Character: Participants should be friendly, flexible and able to work well in multicultural, multinational teams.
12. Communication skills: Participants should be comfortable with presenting and speaking in public. Participants should have strong active listening skills.
13. Language skills: All participants should be proficient in spoken and written English.
14. All nominators and applicants must agree to respect final selection decisions made by the WISE Team. No appeal or claim will be accepted. Should your application be unsuccessful you can apply/nominate again next year.
For further information about the WISE Learners’ Voice Program please visit the WISE website (www.wise-qatar.org), or contact the WISE Team at firstname.lastname@example.org
The selection process will include a short-list of individuals who will be interviewed in the Spring.
The 2016/17 cohort list will be published on our website in the Summer and only the shortlisted applicants will receive an email from the Learners’ Voice Team on the status of their application.