About Advanced Immunology Winter School
The NIF (Network of Immunology Frontier) Winter School on Advanced Immunology is jointly organized by IFReC and SIgN to provide an educational and networking venue for young immunologists. It alternates annually between Japan and Singapore.
The 5th NIF School will be held in January 2016 in Japan. It consists of a 4-day intensive immunology course with 16 lectures by outstanding immunologists on Awaji Island and following 2-day international symposium organized by IFReC in Osaka. Participants are required to participate in the entire programe.
- The School consists of 4-day intensive course for advanced Ph.D. students and early post-docs, and 2-day international symposium organized by IFReC.
- Faculty of 16 outstanding immunologists
- Accommodation and airfare costs for the participants will be covered by the school
- Selection of applicants is on a competitive basis
- Application is free; registration fee (50,000JPY) is applicable to accepted participants.
Eligibility for application
- Ph.D. students in their final years and early post doctoral fellows
(less than three years since obtaining the Ph.D. degree)
- Participants are required to present a poster and a short oral presentation.
- Participants are required to participate in all of the program (4 day-course and 2 day international symposium).
A commentary on the 1st NIF Winter School is featured in Nature Immunology
David Artis (Weill Cornell Medical College Cornell University, USA)
Cevayir Coban (IFReC, Osaka University, Japan)
Frederic Geissmann (King's College London, UK)
Florent Ginhoux (SIgN, Singapore)
Marc K. Jenkins (University of Minnesota Medical School, USA)
Lewis L. Lanier (University of California San Francisco, USA)
Eicke Latz (University of Bonn, Germany)
Dan R. Littman (New York University School of Medicine, USA)
Shigekazu Nagata (IFReC, Osaka University, Japan)
Lisa Ng (SIgN, Singapore)
Hiroshi Ohno (RIKEN Center for Integrative Medical Sciences, Japan)
Erika L. Pearce (Washington University in St. Louis School of Medicine, USA)
Caetano Reis e Sousa (The Francis Crick Institute, UK)
Alexander Rudensky (Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center, USA)
Olaf Roetzschke(SIgN, Singapore)
Tamotsu Yoshimori (Osaka University School of Medicine, Japan)
Speakers in IFReC International Symposium
Yoshhiro Baba (IFReC, Osaka University, Japan)
Yenan Bryceson (Karolinska Institutet, Sweden)
Keishi Fujio (The University of Tokyo, Japan)
Rikinari Hanayama (Kanazawa University, Japan)
Koji Hase (Keio University, Japan)
Chyi-Song Hsieh (Washington University, USA)
Naoto Kawakami (University of Munich, Germany)
Tri Giang Phan (Garvan Institute, Australia)
Christoph Scheiermann (Ludwig Maximilians University Munich, Germany)
Kazuhiro Suzuki (IFReC, Osaka University, Japan)
Leonie Taams (King's College London, UK)
Masahiro Yamamoto (IFReC, Osaka University, Japan)
Masakatsu Yamashita (Ehime University, Japan)
This opportunity has expired. It was originally published here: