The WAC Awards is an international visual arts competition.
The WAC Awards is an open competition for contemporary visual art that is gaining praise and respect in Britain and abroad. It was established five years ago by a group of artists and their friends in Wells, the beautiful cathedral city in the South-West of England. But an idea that came to life around kitchen and dining tables has already established a strong presence in the London art world and is drawing artists from places as diverse as Australia, Azerbaijan, India, Italy, Korea, Japan and the United States, as well as all over Britain.
The entry fee is £16 per work (£12 for current students).
Who may enter
The competition is open to artists from all over the world.
After reading the rules of entry, go to the official website, and follow this 3 steps:
- Step 1: Register
- Step 2: Make the Entry Fee Payment
- Step 3: Send Your Entries
Work will be subject to selection. The judges' decision will be final.
- Last date of entry, Monday 5 September 2016 at 4:00pm. Selections will receive notification by 6:00pm on 13 September 2016.
- Selected works to be submitted to The Bishop's Barn, Silver Street, Wells, Somerset, BA5 1UN on Friday 30 September 2016 or Saturday 1 October 2016, 10am to 4pm.
- Work may fall into the category of 'selected but not hung', as the hanging will finalised by the curator.
- All work accepted will be seen and assessed by the judges, even if not hung.
- Selected work will be on display until the end of the exhibition. Work will need to be collected at the conclusion of the exhibition. All works to be collected from The Bishop's Barn on Sunday 23 or Monday 24 October between 10am and 4pm.
- All exhibited work will be for sale unless otherwise indicated by the artist. Commission of 25% is due to Wells Art Contemporary on sale.
- All artists will be required to have read, understood, and agreed to all the terms and conditions in the Artist's Waiver.