VIPA Worldwide Photography Contest is open to professional and non-professional photographers. The maximum possible prize for the potential winner, should s/he win the 6 Category Contests and the Photographer of the Year Award, is 17 000 euros!
Topics and Categories
The photographs have to be relevant to the following Categories and Topics:
- PEOPLE AND PORTRAITS: men, women, children, portraits, other.
- ARCHITECTURE: bridges, buildings, cityscape, industrial, interior, panorama, other.
- FOOD: photographs focused on food.
- BEST PHOTOGRAPH TAKEN IN BULGARIA: nature, historical sights, culture and art.
- FASHION PHOTOGRAPHY
- REPORTAGE PHOTOGRAPHY: otherwise known as documentary photography. Photos of events or people that tell a story.
Calendar of Events
- Registration starting date: June 1st 2016
- Entry deadline: December 31st 2016
- 1st Round: July 9th 2016 to January 9th 2017
- 2nd Round: January 10th – 31st 2017
- Announcement of all jury members: October 9th 2016
- Announcement of final rankings: February 1st 2017
- Awards Ceremony: February 14th 2017
- Exhibition: February 14th – 21st 2017
- Payment of cash prizes to the winners: February 22nd – March 22nd 2017
VIPA 2016 will have 2 Rounds:
- 1st Round – voting by the jury team and users who rate the best 50 media in each category.
- 2nd Round – registered users rate the best 50 photographs from the 1st Round only through paid WINGS votes.
- The recommended evaluation criteria are Originality (50%), Technique (30%), Creativity (10%), Description and completeness (10%).
To take part in the Contest, you will need to have at least 20 WINGS (at the price of 9.60 euros) in your wallet per each photograph. VOUBS operates its own virtual currency, WINGS, which is added to your virtual wallet and which you use to cover Contest Entry Fees and purchase services offered by the platform.
Virtual currency is purchased mainly through PayPal.
In certain regions, WINGS can be bought via:
- Credit card
- Bank transfer
The Contest has a professional supervisor who observes the application of the rules and is responsible for disqualifying ineligible contestants and arbitrating decisions.
The decisions made by the supervisor are not subject to appeals. Anyone trying to undermine the credibility of the supervisor will be disqualified and their access to the platform will be blocked.
The Contest has one or more administrators who approve or reject all submitted photographs. Administrators monitor the description and contents of the media and their adherence to Contest Topics and ethical norms.
The contestant with the highest rating in all Categories will be named 2016 VIPA Photographer of the Year and will receive an additional cash prize of 5000 euros.
The first 5 contestants with the highest ratings in each of the 6 Categories will be awarded the following prizes:
- 1st place – 2000 euros
- 2nd place – 1500 euros
- 3rd place – 1000 euros
- 4th place – 800 euros
- 5th place – 700 euros
From 6th to 20th place every qualified contestant will receive а consolation prize of 20 WINGS added to their VOUBS account.
Every contestant is eligible to be awarded, in case of a win, a maximum of 1 prize per Category, in addition to the chance for the Grand Prize of 5000 euro.
For example, if a contestant wins 5th place in all 6 Categories, s/he will receive 6 prizes of 700 euros each, or a total of 4200 euros, and, in addition, s/he will be eligible for the 5000-euro Grand Prize in case of being named Photographer of the Year. Thus the total prize amount will be 9200 euros.
The maximum possible prize for the potential winner, should s/he win the 6 Category Contests and the Photographer of the Year Award, is 17 000 euros
Organizer: Famozzo Group LTD
CEO: Vasko Vasilev
For more information click "Further official information" below.