The Vienna Biocenter (VBC) PhD Programme in Life Sciences has been successfully running since 1993, providing students from all over the world with exceptional training. As a student at the VBC PhD Programme you will be supervised by a top scientist and have full access to state-of-the-art facilities, thus giving you an opportunity to launch a successful scientific career.
The Vienna Biocenter Campus is extremely dynamic and highly multidisciplinary with research areas ranging from molecules to populations.
The VBC PhD Programme is jointly organized by IMP, IMBA, GMI and MFPL; the degree is awarded by the University of Vienna. The VBC programme has established itself as one of the premier programs in biology and life sciences in the heart of Europe.
- Fully completed application form submitted before the relevant deadline
- A Master degree or equivalent or anticipate receiving before enrolment, a university degree that would formally qualify you to enter a PhD or equivalent programme in the country where you obtain your degree
- Give the full details of two referees
- Have a high level of both spoken and written English
- Be preferably under 30 years of age at the time of application
Students from Austria, other EU/EEA member states are exempt from the tuition fee as long as they study within the minimum duration of their degree program plus two additional semesters (six semesters). In this case students pay only the students' union fee of € 18 until the end of the extended admission period. After the six semesters you will have to pay the tuition fee of € 381.36.
Depending on your citizenship you will need to pay either €381.36 or €744.72 per semester or you will be granted remission from the tuition fee.
All students that are recruited through the VBC PhD programme will have their tuition fees refunded by the respective institute in the event of them having to pay any fees.