Students who have applied for the Vice Chancellor's Scholarship for the 2016/17 intake will be notified whether their application has been successful or not in the last week of March 2016.
The Vice-Chancellor's Scholarship scheme is open to undergraduate students with exceptional musical, dramatic or sporting talent.
The scheme is open to students applying to any undergraduate course at the University (although, as the scheme is designed to attract students with exceptional abilities outside their normal field of study, a Music student would not be eligible for a music scholarship nor a Drama student for a drama scholarship).
Historically, scholarships in Music and Drama have been valued at £3,000. Scholarships in Sport have been valued at £1,500. No more than 20 scholarships are usually awarded within an academic year. This will be confirmed in due course.
Value of award
Up to 20 awards are normally available each year, valued at £1,500 per year in sport and £3000 in music and drama. Confirmation of these amounts will be updated shortly.
The scholarships will be awarded in the first instance for a period of one year. They are renewable, provided that the above conditions are met and the student passes their examinations and progresses through to the next year of study on their chosen course.
Condition of award
Successful applicants will be expected to put Bristol as their firm choice in the first instance, and with regards to their scholarship offer, either:
- Successfully audition for the University's Symphony or Chamber orchestras, or University Singers or Chamber Choir (keyboard players would participate in Chamber ensemble playing, approved by the Music Department) and participate in other musical opportunities offered from time to time by the Department of Music.
- Contribute substantially to the output of the University of Bristol Union (UBU) DRAMSOC, Spotlights, or Music Theatre Bristol societies
- Become a member of the Performance Sports Squad.
- Department of Music
Professor Katharine Ellis, email email@example.com or telephone +44 (0)117 331 4041.
- Department of Drama: Film, Music, Television
Dr EK Rycroft, email firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone +44 (0)117 331 5282.
- Centre for Sport, Exercise and Health
Mr Matt Paine, email Matt.Paine@bristol.ac.uk or telephone +44 (0)117 331 1117.