University of Waikato Sir William Gallagher Cyber Security Scholarship
The Sir William Gallagher Cyber Security Scholarship was established in 2015 to support academically talented students studying towards a Master of Cyber Security qualification at the University of Waikato.
Sir William Gallagher is a long-standing supporter of the University of Waikato and Hamilton-based Gallagher is one of the world’s leading technology innovators in physical security systems.
The Sir William Gallagher Cyber Security Scholarship will provide students studying in the Master of Cyber Security Programme with both financial support and industry experience through a research project at Gallagher. The Scholarship will cover student tuition fees and a stipend.
The purpose of the Sir William Gallagher Cyber Security Scholarship is to assist students to undertake a Master of Cyber Security (MCS) at the University of Waikato and to gain industry experience with Gallagher.
One Scholarship will be awarded annually
Applications for the Scholarship must be received by the University of Waikato Scholarships Office on the prescribed online form by 3 June 2016.
Applicants must include with their application:
- A personal statement (maximum one A4 page) that sets out the following:
- their interest in the field of Cyber Security;
- demonstrated innovative thinking and/or entrepreneurship skills; and
- their future aspirations.
- An academic reference commenting on the applicant’s ability to succeed in the MCS and their suitability for the Scholarship.
Applicants who have studied at another university must supply a verified copy of their academic transcript.