Postdoctoral Research Fellowship in North Atlantic Geodynamics
A postdoctoral research fellowship (SKO 1352) is available at Centre for Earth Evolution and Dynamics, a Norwegian Centre of Excellence. The fellowship period for is 2 years with the possibility of an extension to a third year depending on research progress and funding availability. Note that no one can be appointed for more than one specified period at the same institution. The starting date for this position is spring or summer of 2017.
North Atlantic Geodynamics Project Description: This project aims to study the geodynamic evolution of the North Atlantic by investigating the interactions between the Iceland plume, the mantle and the lithosphere from the Eocene. 3D numerical modeling of the thermo-mechanical and magmatic evolution of the region will be conducted in the first step. Model predictions of spatio-temporal surface evolution will be tested against a multitude of geological and marine geophysical observations. The project will be conducted together with ETH (T. Gerya) and U. Utrecht (W. Spakman).
Position code 1352, NOK 486 100 – 567 100 per year, depending on qualifications and seniority.
The application must include:
- Application letter
- Statement of research experience and research interests
- CV (summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- Copies of educational certificates and university transcripts
- A complete list of publications
- Names and contact details of 2-3 references (name, relation to candidate, e-mail and telephone number)
Please remember that all documents should be in English.
In accordance with the University of Oslo's equal opportunities policy, we invite applications from all interested individuals regardless of gender or ethnicity.
To APPLY click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.