Postdoctoral Fellow in Sociology or equivalent
There is a vacant position at the Department of Sociology and Human Geography for a Postdoctoral Fellow (SKO 1352) in Sociology or equivalent. The position is for a period of three years without compulsory work or fire years with compulsory work (primarily teaching duties).
- Applicants must hold a degree equivalent to a Norwegian doctoral degree in Sociology or related field. The doctoral dissertation must be submitted for evaluation by the closing application date. Appointment is dependent on the public defense of the doctoral thesis being approved.
- Applicants must have the capacity for independent academic research at a high level, preferably documented through publications in international journals.
- Applicants must be familiar with important sociological theories and approaches.
- Applicants must have experience with working with large data sets.
- Applicants must have advanced knowledge of relevant quantitative research methods.
- Applicants must have excellent written and oral proficiency in English.
Residence in Norway is expected, but Postdoctoral fellows are also encouraged to spend time abroad during the fellowship period.
- salary NOK 515 200 - 597 400 per annum depending on qualifications
- a professionally stimulating working environment
- attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
For more information click "LINK TO ORIGINAL" below.